55 Evidence

Part 55 Evidence

"Rahim Kaka," Said Khushi throwing a sharp gaze at Mithra.

Mithra became horrified, upon hearing Rahim's name.

"Rahim?" Shashi.

"Rahim Kaka?" Akash.

"Khushi nodded yes.

"Where is he?"

Shashi asked.

"Did you ask him why he wanted to leave the Palace?" Khushi asked.

"He said his son got a job at his village" Shashi said.

"Job in the village? What job Dad?" Khushi asked calmly.

Shashi could not answer because he didn't know what was his son's job.

"Have you ever heard anyone migrates to a village from a City to get a job?" Khushi asked Shashi.

I felt bad for Khushi. She was one of the bravest women I have met. That was the first time I witnessed her so vulnerable. Everything was to get justice to her lost mother, the woman who killed by deceit. Though she could not get her mother back by proving Mithra wrong, yet, she wanted to prove the evil.

"Khushi, why did he leave the job?" Akash asked restlessly.

"He left the Palace because he was threatened by Mithra Gupta. It's because Rahim Kaka was the only eyewitness to our mom's murder. Mithra threatened him that if he told the truth to anyone, she would kill his whole family"

"No nono... I don't know why this girl is accusing me like this. She can kill me instead of blaming me like this" Mithra spilled crocodile tears.

"I'm not Mithra to kill anyone just like that," Khushi said gritting her teeth.

"Where is Rahim Kaka? Did you meet him?" Akash asked.

"No... I have not met him yet"

"Then how do you know he witnessed our Mom's death?"

Khushi looked at me in the manner of getting my permission to break the truth.

"Akash, don't trust this girl. She doesn't like me. She hates me. I know that but I didn't expect it to this extent. Without even meeting Rahim, she is building up stories against me. Garima is my sister. She was the one who brought me to the Palace. How would I kill her?"

"With the help of the myrmidon you brought from your village, you killed our mother," Khushi said.

"Shashiji, this is not true. She wanted to do a culinary course in London. To get your permission to do that only, she is diverting you. So that, you will permit to get goodwill from her..."

Khushi tried to speak, but I stopped her and interfered in their argument.

"Excuse me, madam... My wife doesn't need anyone's permission to do what she wants. She is free to do anything. No one has the right to stop her, no matter if the person is her father. Until our wedding, you ruled her life and decided what she should do. Not anymore. She will do the culinary course and that's final" I said firmly.

"What do you mean? Doesn't Shashiji have the right to decide his daughter's life? How could you say no one has the rights in her matter? So what if she is married? Don't her parents have concerns about her? Just because she is married, do you want us to stay away from her? I never think you would be a cunning man who wants his wife to be under his domination. This is why people said, we should find an alliance up to our status. If we stoop low, we have no choice other than to tolerate such tantrums. How dare you try to make our daughter a COOK? Do you know who she is? Do you know the value of a Princess? How do you know? After all, you are a low-class man..."