18 Passion?

Part 18 Passion?

"Whaaaat? Cooked?" I tried hard not to shout. I could not believe it. Khushi cooked at her friend's place...!

"Yes... Sheermal and Malaipan"

I was like, what the... Did she ask for the recipes from my mother to give it a try? Was that why she got upset when my mother refused to give her the recipe the other day?

"I think she should have gone there for a change. She may go somewhere else after that" I said.

"No, ASR. I don't think she goes somewhere else because she said, she is facing a tough time to tackle people to reach Preeto's house. She goes there not every day but often to cook... ONLY TO COOK. She cooked chicken Korma and butter Naan yesterday it seems. Her friend flattered a lot about her dexterity"

"Are you sure?" I asked unbelievably.

"Their kitchen has a window at the backside. I heard them talking about it. I have sent a few photos of her to you. check it out"

"Mmm. Did they talk about anything else?"

"She likes cooking. She said she is not allowed to cook at her house. That's why she has to come to her house, finding excuses"

"Mmm..."

"The much I observed her talk, cooking is not just her hobby but her PASSION. I will try to get a few more information about her"

"Thank you, Rohan. Keep following her and updating me. She may go somewhere else..." I said and disconnected the call because I could not believe a girl was tackling people ONLY to cook. Who would believe a Princess went to her friend's place just to cook?

She could have told me if she was so passionate about it...! Was there something more than this? Was I MISSING something? I thought. Yet, I huffed in relief... RELIEF means, just like a free bird...! What a great relief. She was going to her friend's house to cook. Though it sounded silly it made me relieved.

I checked the photos sent by Rohan. In those photos, Khushi was cooking in a middle-class kitchen where there was no chimney, no luxurious setup. I could see a REAL smile on her face... just like I saw when she made a cake for Diya and Jiya. SIMPLE desire in a ROYAL heart...! I smiled.

I walked back to the table while checking text messages. I saw three messages about missed calls from Di. Did Di call me three times? Why? I stopped walking and called her immediately. She attended the call.

"Chotte... have you reached RM?"

"RM? Why Di?"

"Didn't Khushi say anything to you?"

"Khushi? What about?"

"Mom is not feeling well. I came to Diya and Jiya's school as this is their award function. There is no one at home except Hari Prakash. I called you three times but your phone was switched off. So, I called Khushi and asked her to convey the matter to you"

Yeah, I remembered, when I went to RM the previous day, there was no one in RM except my mother and Di.

"Who is there at home now?" I was panicked.

"No one... everyone went to Lucknow to attend a marriage. Didn't they tell you?"

"Yeah... ok, I'm going to RM"

"Ok, Chotte. I will be late. I'm sorry I can't skip this. Diya and Jiya will be upset"

"That's ok, Di... you carry on"

I came to Akash and Payal.

"I'm really sorry. I have to go... It's urgent. We will meet another day"

Payal pouted.