54 Eyewitness

Part 54 Eyewitness

"What's this Khushi? You came here crying. Said, Arnav cheated you. Now you hugged him and said, you will be alright as he came... what's all this?" Shashi asked with confusion.

"I agree I was upset with Arnav at first for the phone call. I didn't know whether I could question him or not. I didn't tell him about it but he found out, what was disturbing me. So, he changed his phone to auto-recording. As he expected, the girl called the next day again on his phone and I answered it. As usual, I didn't tell him about the call but Arnav ran the audio in front of me that he recorded. He found out the reason for my stress. If he was wrong, he would not have recorded the call and made me hear it"

"Then why did you create a scene upon this?" Mithra asked wrathfully.

"It's because we want everyone to know who is behind this conspiracy"

"Who?" Asked Shashi Gupta.

"Don't you understand that, Dad? Mrs. Mithra Gupta"

"Nooo... these two are blaming me baselessly"

"We have a strong BASE madam. I got a call from your mobile only. It was Harini who printed the lipstick mark on my shirt, the same one who passed the information to you. What else more than this do we need to understand?"

"Do you doubt it's me who wants to separate you?"

"No... I don't DOUBT but CONFIDENTLY say, it's you"

"But, why would I do that?"

"It's you who should answer the question"

"This is all lie... you are intentionally doing this to smack me down. I don't even know who Harini is...! I lost my phone long ago. It should be you who stole it from me. now, you should have kept it in my room with the help of your sister..."

"Enoughhhhh..." shouted Akash, making her jerk.

"Don't you dare drag my wife in this... you said he is baselessly blaming you. Now, on which BASIS do you blame my wife? We found the phone in your cupboard yet you want us to trust you. But you don't want us to trust Arnav who has the evidence of your evil deeds?"

"Evil deeds? What did I do? Why would I do that?"

"It's because you don't like me," Said Khushi.

"Khushi beta, I like you so much. I sacrificed my life for you and Akash. I didn't even wish to have a child"

"Then why did you go to all the fertility centers of Delhi?" Asked Khushi.

Mithra was stuck and Shashi looked at her stunningly.

"Me...? I don't know why you are thinking of me like this" she said miserably.

"It's because it's true. You don't like me because I didn't accept you as my mother. You tortured me not letting me do anything I wished to do"

"Khushi, what's all this? Why are you angry with Mithra?" Shashi asked.

"It's because she could not see me in her mother's place. I told you many times, she hates me. see, this is how she assumes things by herself and shouts at me" Mithra tried to cover up Khushi's accusation.

"Yes, I can't see you in my mother's place because a Devil like you could not be my mother"

"Khushi... calm yourself down. I think you are stressed" Shashi said.

"Yes, dad... I'm stressed, not just today... I'm stressed from the day my mom died... from the day you got married to this witch"

"Khushiiii" Mithra shouted.