29 Imperious Action

Part 26 Imperious Action

Khushi looked at me fearfully.

"Palace? You mean..."

"Yeah, to the Palace to meet Mrs. Gupta"

"No Arnav, Dad, and Bhai would also be at home this time," She said looking at her wristwatch nervously.

I knew that. That was what I confirmed while heading to Hotel Taj. Because I didn't think talking to the cunning woman alone would be a wise decision.

"Then, good... I don't have to talk to Mrs. Gupta but will talk to your father and brother," I said coolly.

"Arnav, she will create a problem..."

"Khushi, try to respect your husband... not only Mrs. Gupta, but I can also be a PROBLEM CREATER..." I said teasingly.

Khushi was taken aback.

"Problem Creator? What do you mean?"

"Relax, Khushi. Just act accordingly,"

"Arnav... I'm scared. You don't know about her. She would turn the table emotionally, using your own words against you" Khushi squeezed her hands.

I smiled because that was the last day Khushi would be nervous about Mrs. Gupta. From here on, she would never be...

Our car entered the Palace. Khushi gulped down hard. I got out of the car and opened her side door. Taking a deep breath, Khushi got down. It told me that she was ready to face the consequences. Of course, she had no choice. She looked at me confusingly when I said,

"Spare me"

Clutching her hand, I dragged her inside the palace. Khushi was right. Senior and Junior Guptas were at home only. They were having dessert after lunch. Payal who was serving them dessert became tensed, seeing me dragging Khushi. I gestured to her to keep quiet. She gulped down hard and understood something was wrong. The trio got up from the couch.

Shashi and Akash spared a glance shockingly. They didn't understand anything. Mithra Gupta who didn't expect such a MOVE from me looked at me confused.

"What happened, Arnav? Is everything alright?" Shashi Gupta asked Panicking.

"I'm really sorry to say this, uncle. I'm highly disappointed with his girl..."

The trio looked at Khushi who was bowing down.

"Why did we get married, uncle? Why did I marry her accepting all the clauses that were kept in front of me even though I was not fine with them? I thought she would be a good partner to me. But she...?"

Shashi Gupta was about to say something, but I cut him.

"She stays in her PRIVATE room locking herself all the time, uncle..."

"PRIVATE room?" Akash frowned.

"Yeah, there are TWO separate rooms inside OUR room, according to the ROYAL custom. One for Me and another for Khushi but I don't use mine... I don't want to... Have you ever heard of husband and wife maintaining privacy between them? Do you know how awkward it would be for a husband to KNOCK his wife's door if he wanted to BE (I stressed) with her?"

All of them were embarrassed, understanding what was the meaning of TO BE WITH HER.

"What is this about the PRIVATE room?" Shashi Gupta asked Mithra.

"I thought of giving them space. So that they would not be awkward because they had an ARRANGED marriage" Mithra said.

"Then they need to be together more than the love marriage couple," Shashi said, making Mithra struck.