42 Phone Calls

Part 42 Phone calls...

I and Khushi were sitting, hugging each other without minding about time. We didn't know how long we were in each other's arms. I was pleased by the involvement Khushi showed to me.

"Arnav..."

"Mmm?"

"Can't you come to London with me?" She asked.

I raised my brows and looked at her.

"What about a new AR branch in London?" She asked curiously.

"Are you kidding? Here, I'm struggling to save our business and you are talking about a new branch... that too in London..."

Khushi sat in front of me, getting detached from the hug.

"It's not even easy for those who are successful because there are many aspects to be considered. Everything would be different from India and London. We can't think about it at least for the next ten years even if we are successful" I smiled.

She again came close to me and leaned her back on my chest. Taking my arms, she made me circle her waist.

"I don't know how I'm going to be away from you" She pouted.

"Time will fly in the blink of an eye... because you are interested in your goal."

"But, I'm equally interested in you too... what about that?" She looked at me, turning behind.

I got stuck for a few seconds and pecked her forehead, saying nothing.

That was when Khushi's phone rang. She took it wearily. Her eyes widened, seeing the name flashed on her mobile... DAD.

She attended it hurriedly and turned the speaker on.

"Dad..."

"Khushi..." his voice was not clear.

I chuckled as I understood he was having something in his mouth... if my guess was right, it must be Khushi's Biriyani.

"I'm eating your Biriyani... it was so so tasty. I don't know you cook so well..." he said.

Khushi smiled looking at me.

"You reminded me of Garima," Shashi Gupta said.

I saw the surprise on Khushi's face. She gulped down.

"Thank you for sending it to me, beta,"

"Dad, I just..."

"It's very nice... it seems I will get such tasty food if I come to the Mini Palace..."

"Sure..."

"I was an idiot who had no idea what my daughter is..." He sighed.

Khushi closed her eyes.

"I would have eaten this a long ago if I had let you do what you like..." He regretted.

Khushi was silent.

"Shall I come to Mini Palace to eat your handmade food, beta?"

I could not understand whether he pleaded or demanded.

Khushi who was controlling her emotions till then failed to do that hearing that.

"To come to your daughter's place, you don't have to get her permission, Dad"

"Thank you, beta"

"Dad, eat first... we will talk later," she said managing herself.

"Mmm"