24 First Convo

Part 24 First Convo

Khushi was looking at Alan's card thunderstruck. I could see the nervousness in Khushi's face. I knew it was because I talked to Alan about her CULINARY COURSE interest. She would have been scared about how I got to know about her interest. She would have been happy like hell for the participation in the program with Alan if I hadn't talked about it. Yet, I talked about it because it was necessary. I didn't want to drag the issue. I was not sure whether Khushi would have talked to me about it or not because she might have hesitated to open it up with me as it was about going to London. I saw a shocked expression on her face when I told Alan about her Culinary course interest. That confirmed to me that she would not have told me about it... definitely not right away. So, I took a lead. Now, she had no choice other than to talk to me about it. I believed I could manage the issue in my OWN WAY.

Biding bye to Alan Smith and Abimanyu, we left the place. I knew Khushi was stealing my glance. Though my eyes were on the road I could sense it. I guessed she wanted to talk to me. I looked at her and smiled.

"How...how do you know I want to do the culinary course in his college?" She asked me, trying not to show her fear.

"Do you really want to do a Culinary course?" I asked as if I was surprised because I not only wanted to make Khushi relaxed but also didn't want Preeto to get caught. I could not make Preeto embarrassed. I wanted to be thankful to her. After all, she was the one who spread light in my DARKNESS.

Khushi became confused.

"I know you are Alan Smith's fan and have huge respect for him. So, I said that to make him delighted. That's all. I don't know, you want to do a Culinary course" I lied.

Khushi became more nervous. She understood that she herself blabbered to me about her desire to join the Culinary college. I smiled inwardly and went for her help.

"If you want to do a Culinary course, you can do it. Apply for it" I said coolly.

Khushi looked at me unbelievably.

Yes, I said so. I said that wholeheartedly. Not that I was fine with getting separated from her for a few years but I wanted her to return back to me no matter where she would go. There was a famous saying, if you love the bird, let it fly. If the bird loved you, it would return back to you. That was what I wanted to do in Khushi's matter. I didn't want to give her a chance to think of running away from me. If I gave her what she wanted, why would she think of running away from me?

"Yeah, if you like it, you should do that..." I added.

"My father will not allow me to do that," She said hesitatingly.

"Why?"

"The cooking profession is not up to Princess's standard. That's why"

"Khushi, you should decide one thing..."

"Whaa..t?"

"Do you want to be a Princess, or, do you want to be a queen of your HUSBAND'S empire?"

"Husband's Empire?" she asked.

"My HEART" I replied.

She got stuck. I intentionally said that because I didn't want our conversation to be PLAIN. I didn't want to miss a chance to make her understand my stand. Seriously, I wanted her to be a Queen in my HEART. There was nothing to hide it. But, Khushi suffocated to handle such a statement from me all of a sudden.

"Relax... You like cooking. This is your life. Choose your path. We don't know whether we will take birth again or not. Live your life to the fullest as you want. If you want to do it, you have to sacrifice your Princess tag. If you want to be a Princess..."