13 Casual Khushi

Part 13 Casual Khushi

After steam inhalation, Khushi got off the bed. She was supposed to call someone to take the bowl, but, I took it and kept it on the floor.

"Thanks," She said.

"My pleasure," I said.

She walked to her private room and stopped listening to me.

"Don't wash your face or, don't be under the AC and fan"

She raised her brows.

"Due to the steam, the pores of your body would be opened. It will observe water and cool air easily. It causes side effects"

She stood hesitatingly.

"Watch your favorite program. The climate is cool here. You don't need a fan or AC" I suggested.

She looked at the clock. Five minutes left for her favorite cookery program to start.

"Shouldn't I wipe my face?" She questioned.

"You can..." I passed a towel.

"Thanks" she sat on the couch.

As usual, she watched the cookery program. It was a competition program and Khushi's favorite Chef was a judge. He handled the participant strictly which looked odd to me.

"Won't he be polite?" I asked.

She turned towards me and said,

"Chefs would be like this only... they need discipline"

"Oh... all the participants are cooks with culinary qualifications?"

"No... they should not be qualified cooks. That's the rule"

"Oh..."

She again turned towards the TV.

"You know what, most women who watch cookery shows don't know cooking" I teased and she looked plain.

After the program was over, she walked to her room. She stopped and asked,

"Shall I sleep in AC?"

I nodded yes. She went to her room and closed the door. I sighed.

The next morning

I got ready for the office as usual. I saw Khushi also getting ready to go somewhere. I thought she would go to meet her parents and brother. She came to me.

"I'm going out," she said.

"Do you want me to drop you?"

"No. I will manage because I'm going to go in the opposite direction of yours"

"No problem..."

Cutting me,

"No thanks, I will drive," she said.

I frowned. Was not their Palace in the same direction as my office? Of course, it was a little away from my office. I didn't know whether I could ask her about it.

"Convey my regards to Uncle, Aunty, and Akash" I intentionally said that to know where was she going.

"I'm not going there... I'm going to meet my designer. I would like to gift Diya and Jiya a dress on their birthday"

I was surprised. So, this was what Di mentioned as a secret? I was glad Khushi let me know the secret.

"Please keep it as a secret... it's a surprise gift" she added.

I nodded ok with a smile. I like the involvement she showed for my family members.

Taking her bag, she came downstairs with me. I was like, what the... seeing the same breakfast. As usual, I took boiled eggs. It was better than fruits and vegetables. We finished having breakfast and stood up.