61 Precautions

Part 61 Precautions 

I went to the Palace with Khushi. I saw tight protection around the palace unusually than usual. It was to protectthe Guptas from Mithra. I was glad that Guptas understood how dangerous woman Mithra was. Shashi and Akash were waiting for us.

"Hello, uncle..." I greeted him.

"Hi, Arnav"

"Why did you call us, Akash?" I asked him.

"I want you and Khushi to be careful. Mithra should have left the country, but we don't think she would have gone leaving us freely. I suspect she would have had a plan. We expect her to attack us from some direction"

"Yes, Arnav, Bose also says the same," Shashi said.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He went to his place to provide food to his DOG"

That was when we saw the Assistant commissioner coming.

"Hello, AC sir..." Akash shook hands with him.

"We enquired about Mithra Gupta. She didn't leave India yet. She went to Mumbai."

"Mumbai?"

"Yes, she went to Mumbai last evening by Air India plane. A ticket was booked in her name. Does she have any relatives in Mumbai?"

"No AC, sir. She has no one in Mumbai" Shashi said confidently.

"Maybe, she would have gotten friends in Mumbai in the recent days," Akash said.

"Is it possible?" AC asked.

"Yes, she used to go to business conferences with my father. At that time, she attended many parties on business personalities invitations too. She would have gotten new friends through those parties" Akash said.

Shashi didn't deny it. He would have seen her getting close to people in other cities through such parties.

"She might have gone to Mumbai to divert us I suppose," Khushi said.

All of us looked at her.

"What do you mean?"

"She should have some other plan. Maybe, using her friends' influence, she would try to leave India with a fake passport from Mumbai"

"If it is so, she could have done that from Delhi..." I said.

"I don't think so. She knew she would be surrounded if she stayed in Delhi as we alerted the police. So, she would have thought to do it from another city. Mumbai is the best choice to make illegal moves. So, she would choose Mumbai" Khushi connected the dots.

"She is right. If she has an influenced friend in Mumbai, she could leave India effortlessly" AC said.

"Can't we catch her?" I asked.

"Mumbai is a populated, crowded city. We can't predict who is doing illegal activities there because they live like common people. But we can catch her if you know where she stays while going to Mumbai"

"Ac, sir, do you think she would stay in the same place this time too?" I asked.

The AC became thoughtful. He nodded affirmatively.

"Yeah if she has an intention of leaving India in a fake passport, she won't stay in the place where she used to stay"

"Don't we have any source to catch her?" Khushi asked worriedly.

"We will try our level best madam," AC said and left.

I saw worrisome on their faces. It was Mithra's impact. They hadn't come out of the shock given by Mithra yet. They could not... ever... I supposed. Of course, who could think a woman who showed herself a Mother Theresa would be an assassin?If she could kill her own sister, she would kill anyone. That was what made them fearful and alert. I understood that.