53 Blame

Part 53 Blame

After an hour, I reached the palace. I didn't find Khushi and Payal there. Shashi shook his head looking at me slightly in a welcoming manner. I looked at Akash and asked,

"Tell me, Akash, why did you call me? what do you want to talk to me?"

"Khushi is here, Arnav" Shashi Gupta said.

"Yes, uncle, she left Mini Palace getting furious with me"

"Why did she get furious with you?" Came from Mithra.

"Didn't she tell you?" I asked.

"She did..."

"Then why are you asking me again?"

"What kind of man you are? After betraying our daughter, are you talking rudely?"

"I don't betray her. It's purely a misunderstanding,"

"Could you prove it?"

"I don't know who the girl was. I tried to trace the number but I could not"

"Why?"

"It may be a satellite phone"

"Do you think someone intentionally calls you from the satellite phone?"

"Maybe..."

"What's the reason?"

"Someone wants to defeat me..."

"Do you think we would believe it?"

I was silent.

"It was me who helped your father to save your drowning business. Your company is good for nothing company. Then who would spend their time and money and buy a satellite phone to talk to you to create the problem?"

It was a pure mockery. Yet, I didn't lose my patience.

"Yeah... that's what I'm also thinking. who could it be? Am I that superior to spend time to destroy?" I asked.

Mithra shrank her eyes.

"The girl calls me exactly after I return back home... that too, was perfectly when I was in the washroom. So that, my wife would attend the call. Then the girl would talk as if she didn't know I was at home. What beauty in that is, she would make the same mistake every day" I chuckled.

"What's your point, Arnav?" Shashi Gupta asked.

"Someone wants to separate me from my wife, and I guessed WHO the person is," I said sternly.

"Don't try to cover up your cheap act of having an affair with someone with a fake assumption. I trusted you. I got my daughter married to you. I thought you would always keep her happy but what did you do? What did you see in another woman that my daughter doesn't have? Have you ever seen such a beautiful girl in your life? I should have thought well before getting her married to a low-class man like you. Then, her life would not have spoilt" Mithra shouted like a maniac as I expected.

I folded my hands and looked at her smirking.

"What does your smirk mean? Do you think you can make us trust you if you look cool in front of us? I have never thought you would be so cunning." She panted hard.

I smiled unfolding my hands.

"My dear mother-in-law, mind you tell me why are you shouting meaninglessly? I said someone was trying to separate me from my wife and I guessed the person. Why did you lose your patience hearing that?"

"Why would I lose my patience? Just because you guessed it, it won't be true. You need a proof to prove yourself"

"Yeah... of course, I should have a proof and..." I stopped and smirked at her.