51-52

The widow's number one scholar (19)

The law of the Jin Dynasty stipulates that the crime of false accusation is to be punished by false accusation. It means fabricating facts to slander others. Once investigated and punished, the false accuser will be punished with the same penalty as he falsely accused others. If he falsely accuses a person with a good reputation, the crime will be increased to one level. If he falsely accuses an official, the crime will be increased to two levels. If he falsely accuses the royal family, the crime will be increased to three levels. The maximum punishment was flogging for one hundred years and imprisonment for three thousand miles.

Jiang Erchun and his wife falsely accused Jiang Liu of being unfilial. Although Jiang Liu had not yet been officially awarded an official position, as a new scholar, he was considered one of the officials. His crime should have been increased to second class. In addition, Emperor Wen of Jin Dynasty requested severe punishment. In the end, Jiang Erchun and his wife were sentenced to eighty years of flogging and exiled to Kunnu City for ten years.

Kunnu City was a place where the imperial court exiled serious criminals whose crimes did not lead to death. The people there had to do heavy labor to obtain basic living necessities. They had no freedom, and before entering the city, they would be tattooed, that is, tattooed on their faces. The word "slave" means that even if he comes out of Kunnu City after serving his sentence, others will know that he was once a sin slave.

Therefore, for many people, being exiled to Kunnu City is a punishment worse than death. Every year, many sinners in Kunnu City commit suicide because they can't stand that kind of life.

Before Jiang Erchun and Su Panyun could enjoy the prosperous life promised by the person who found them, they were taken away from the Lu family by the Yamen who arrived first.

After eighty rounds of beatings, before the wounds could heal, his hands and feet were chained by the government officials, and he followed a group of criminals on the road to Kunnu City.

At this time, Jiang Erchun and his wife also guessed that this might be Jiang Liu's revenge, but it was too late to regret it now.

This time, Jiang Erchun and his wife have completely lost the chance to make a comeback. I am afraid that they will never appear in the lives of Jiang Liu, mother and son again in their lifetime.

****

"The emperor, who is destined to be blessed by heaven, summons... to give the Meng family a phoenix crown and a pair of Ruyi jade bracelets, a pair of jade Ruyi bracelets, and two hundred taels of silver. I admire this." On the day when Meng Yunniang showed off her makeup,

a The imperial edict arrived unexpectedly.

Not only Meng Yunniang, who was kneeling to receive the order, was stunned, but also the ladies who came because of Jiang Shendao's kindness.

They heard their husband talk about the process of Jiang Liu's verbal battle with Lu Guang in the court. From the perspective of mothers, they envied Meng Yunniang for having such a filial and caring son. However, from the perspective of women, not all of them were women. They all agree that women should remarry after being widowed.

It's just that now the emperor has issued a decree to reward Meng. Of course, no one will be foolish enough to think that the emperor sincerely appreciates Meng. This imperial edict only reveals a signal that the emperor supports the widow's remarriage, allowing these conservative ministers to consider it carefully. , are you going to go against the imperial power?

"Congratulations."

These noble ladies were all human beings. They immediately changed their attitude towards Meng Yunniang and praised her as the center of the crowd with unusual affection.