Chapter 3

September 20, 7:10 pm

Ruan Ning had dinner, then found two cold medicines and water in the bedroom cupboard, swallowed them, and went to bed early.

He hadn't gone out for two whole weeks. He didn't know that the flu was raging everywhere at the moment. He just thought that he had been too sad and caught a cold in the past two days, so taking two pills and sleeping would probably be fine.

Before going to bed, Ruan Ning was still thinking that he could not continue to be depressed and would go out to relax tomorrow.

Unexpectedly, when I woke up, the familiar city had already changed beyond recognition.

These are all things for later. Although the bustling city seems a little deserted due to the pandemic, people are still living as usual.

September 20, 10:17 pm

A large number of residents who had caught colds in the past few days began to have high fevers, and a large number of high fever patients in the hospital suffered from fainting symptoms.

In the bedroom of Room 307, the sleeping young man began to feel hot, and a blush crept up on his fair face. The young man frowned and opened his mouth as if he was thirsty, but he could not wake up no matter what.

September 20, 11:40 pm

hot! hot!

Ruan Ning gasped uneasily. He felt like his mouth was burning and his whole body felt like it was being burned by flames. He wanted to struggle to get up and take a drink of water, but he didn't even have the strength to lift the quilt.

Big drops of sweat rolled down Ruan Ning's forehead. The sweaty pajamas were tightly wrapped around his body. The thin quilt seemed to weigh more than a thousand pounds, making him unable to breathe.

So hot! So sad!

Suddenly, a trace of white mist quietly came out from Ruan Ning's chest. The white mist clung to his red cheeks as if it were alive, and then more and more white mist seemed to be rushing out of his face. His chest welled up, and a large amount of white mist tightly wrapped around him.

The cool mist made Ruan Ning's frown loosen. The white mist continued to pour out, slowly gathering and wrapping around his body. The white mist wrapped tighter and tighter, making Ruan Ning look like a huge white silkworm cocoon from a distance. , and then suddenly, Ruan Ning was wrapped in white mist and disappeared into the bedroom.

September 21, 4:15 am

The corridors of the Municipal People's Hospital were filled with temporarily accommodated patients. The hospital was quiet at the moment. Most of the people were asleep due to high fever. Occasionally, there were two feeble moans.

Nurse Xiao Zhou yawned sleepily behind the duty desk. When the head nurse came back from her rounds, she would have to go to work.

Xiao Zhou patted his cheeks, braced himself, and glanced at the sleeping patients in the corridor. There were more and more infected patients in the past few days, especially today, the hospital's ambulances never stopped.

"ah!!!!!"

A short scream came from the ward in front, and Xiao Zhou suddenly thought, "!"

It's the head nurse! !

Before she could run over to take a look at the situation, the scene in front of her made the little nurse's delicate face suddenly turn pale.

The patients in the corridor are all awake at this moment. Their pale skin is slowly festering under the sunlight at a speed visible to the naked eye. Their nails have become sharp and unusually long. Two canine teeth have pierced their lips, and saliva is slowly flowing down.

Their narrowed pupils have no focus, they "look" coldly at the fresh flesh and blood in front of them, and they make excited "ho ho" sounds from their mouths.

Xiao Zhou stared blankly at the walking corpse in front of him, his lips twitching, he couldn't help it anymore.

"ah!!!!!!"

At the same time, dawn all over the world slowly begins with screams.