Chapter 4

September 30

There was no one on the dilapidated streets. There were a large number of stalled cars scattered on the street. Occasionally, the familiar "ho ho" sound could be heard in the cars. What's more, there are puddles of dried blood and broken limbs that have been chewed into pieces. There are man-eating monsters that are slowly dragging in twos and threes on the road, with rotten bodies and pus, and unfocused eyes.

The glass windows of shops on both sides of the road were smashed, and the goods on the shelves were scattered on the ground. At the beginning of the apocalypse, most people were sinking in despair and panic, watching their former relatives and friends become transformed overnight. Man-eating monster.

Seeing familiar faces being devoured by swarming monsters, the whole city was filled with the smell of blood and putrid smell. The water supply and power supply system was paralyzed overnight, and most people were hiding at home in fear all day long.

Only a small number of citizens, who were the first to be freed from fear and sorrow, mustered up the courage to rush out of their homes at noon when the monsters were hiding from the scorching sun and were slow to move.

They need water and food. If they hide at home, they won't be able to last long even if they don't get eaten.

Some of them succeeded and brought back a lot of water and food. After all, the monsters were really slow, but most of them never went back.

When people gradually discovered that there were more and more monsters and they were less and less afraid of the sun, some people began to be unable to wait any longer.

The government and the army will probably not come to the rescue, but they will rush out to the capital, Tibet, and remote mountainous areas with vast areas and sparsely populated areas. There is still a glimmer of hope.

More people were still waiting and watching, until October 1, the National Day, when the loudspeakers in Yunhai Square and major parks in Yunhai City suddenly sounded:

"Surviving residents of Yunhai City, please pay attention! Please pay attention! Please rush to the safe bases in Z City, Y City and H City as soon as possible. We have... need to hit the zombies on the head... ..If there are those who have special powers on their own, such as wind, fire, water, etc... Please register with the relevant departments after arriving at the base, and we will accept them unconditionally. To the surviving residents of Yunhai City, please Attention! Please pay attention! Please as soon as possible..."

"What?! Does the government not care about us anymore!!!"

"Dad, I'm going to drive. We still have a lot of food. We can make it to the safe base!"

"Ha!! I really do have super energy!! When I get to the base, I will definitely be able to flourish. Then we will see who dares to look down on me."

"Let's go out and give him a fight at noon, get some more food and drink, and get on the road as soon as possible."

"Damn it! Does the base only want to accept those people with special powers and doesn't care about us ordinary people?!" "Okay, stop howling, hurry up and pack up our antique jewelry, don't worry about when, All gold can be useful."

"..."

So in less than a month, the survivors of Yunhai City ran away and died, and it soon became an empty city.

November 17th City Z Base

Zhang Hua straightened his collar and knocked on the wooden door of the study.

The owner of the study was standing quietly across the wall, looking at the map hanging on the wall, staring at a point on it with an unfathomable expression, as if he had no idea who was coming.

"Brother Huan, brothers are ready."

The man glanced at the marked point on the map again before finally turning around.

"Ah Hua, thank you very much."

Zhang Hua smiled, looking a little naive on his face, which looked like a bad guy.

"Brother Huan, I have been with you for more than ten years, so there is no need to be so polite."

Lin Yuehuan came over and patted Zhang Hua on the shoulder. His gentle and handsome face also had a slight smile, and his temperament was as gentle as a university teacher.

Only the eyes hidden under the thin-rimmed glasses were dark and deep, making people shudder when they looked at them suddenly.

"Take Tiger with you and be careful along the way. No matter whether you get the things or not, you will be back in a month at the latest."

Zhang Hua responded and walked out.

But in my heart, I couldn't help lamenting the injustice of God. It was obvious that Brother Huan had a more vicious reputation on the road, and he had a gentle face. Looking at his bad face in the hallway mirror, Zhang Hua suddenly felt that he had no hope of marrying.

Lin Yuehuan did not look at the map on the wall, but slowly walked to the window and stared at the southwest of the base, his expression indifferent.

That is the territory of Gu Tao, a third-level lightning power user who is currently one of the three major forces in the base.

Zhang Hua left the study, turned around, went downstairs, and rushed to the kitchen. This house only lived in Brother Huan and his dog son Tiger. Brother Huan, a grown man, didn't open the fire easily. He ate in the canteen of the regiment. Delivered, and the only thing that has been occupying the kitchen for a long time is...

The tiger was lying on the kitchen floor licking its paws out of boredom. It had just finished lunch and was hungry again, so it could only lick its paws to satisfy its craving.

Zhang Hua watched speechlessly as the big black dog, which could stand up to nearly two meters in length, licked its paws happily. The fierce and ugly dog's face had a strange kind of satisfaction that made people get goosebumps just looking at it.

The big dog raised its eyes and glanced at Zhang Hua. The dog's eyes, which were full of ferocity and vulgarity, rolled twice. Seeing that the person was not there to feed it, it continued to lower its head and lick its paws without interest.

Zhang Hua stared at the tiger's equally ferocious dog face, as if he had found some clue, and his mind suddenly became brighter.

He half-crouched down and patted the tiger's dog's head, and sighed with sincerity: "Tiger, look at how fat you are now, don't lie down all day to gain weight. Go out for a walk with Brother Hua tomorrow. Maybe you can find a dog." Where is my wife?"

Tiger's little black ears stood up, and he tilted his head and thought, Wife? What is that? Can you eat it? Forget it, just keep licking your paws.

Zhang Hua: "..."