Chapter 15 - New York

Christmas was finally over, 2017 had started (guess what? I started it drunk!) and I had returned from my vacation - well not quite. Currently I was in New York visiting my godfather and his family as they were staying over for a couple of days. The place was fucking freezing thanks to it being Mid-January, but well. I had to get used to the cold anyways since I was going back to Canada afterwards. School was gonna start again in two weeks. Gone were the days of cozying up at the beach in Hawaii - oh well...

It was good to see Elton, David and the kids again, though. I had missed them and the boys had grown so much. Also it was great to be in NYC again. I had missed it for sure. Instantly I felt at home, though I hadn't been here in a while. After family breakfast on my first day I went for a stroll around the city listening to some music on my iPhone. So many memories flooded through my brain from when I used to live here. At some point I stopped at my favorite cafe for some catch up coffee with old friends and the waiters even recognized me and were happy to see me again. I finished off with an extended walk through Central Park enjoying all my favorite spots. Eventually I found myself in front of the building we used to live in. I sold the flat one and a half years ago. Since then I hadn't been here and from now on I would have to stay at Elton and David's place or at a hotel. The thought felt weird as I called this - Manhattan - home for about ten years.

"How was your day, love?" Elton kindly asked during dinner.

"Good, but weird." I admitted honestly.

"I bet it must feel strange to be here for you." David added.

"Yeah. I found myself outside the house we used to live in earlier. That was strange." I stuffed some food in my mouth, chewed and gulped. They both nodded in understanding. "But, it also feels like coming home. I met some friends earlier and we went to my favorite cafe. The waiters still recognized me." I smiled.

"That's nice." David said.

"You know you can always come and stay here, love." Elton offered with a warm smile. He was the absolute sweetest soul ever.

"Thank you. I appreciate it." I replied.

"You're family, Emma." David replied. I felt so at home and part of a family like I hadn't in a long time - not even with my own family.

"Thank you! You're both amazing, I am so blessed to have you in my life." I replied as tears sprung to my eyes.

Elton, who sat next to me, side hugged me. "Of course. We love you, Emma."

"You're the best godfather the world has ever seen. I bet Dad is really happy to see us like this right now." I said to him kissing his cheek. I loved Elton so much. He cared for me like a daughter. We had always been close, but ever since my Dad passed we got even closer. Partly because he took his role as my godfather very seriously. I felt really glad to have these gentle souls in my life.

"So.. I was wondering.. you know how I always go see the lion king when I'm in New York.." Elton started.

Oh god, please don't. "Yeah.." I said nervously.

"I was wondering.. Uhm.. if you.. would accompany me tonight." There, he said it. Oh no..

"What about David?" I asked shifting in my seat.

"One of us has to watch the boys." He informed me and I nodded. Of course!

"You don't have to come with me, love. If it's too much, you can just-" Elton continued but I cut him off.

"It's fine. I'll come with you." I told him with a weak smile on my face. I wasn't sure this was the best idea, but it's the least I could do after all he's done for me. Hopefully I won't have a breakdown, but at least I'll have Elton with me if that happens.

Mr. Moneybags | jbOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara