Chapter 28 - Party

Justin gaped at me as I made my way downstairs

Justin gaped at me as I made my way downstairs. "Wow! You look stunning, Emma!" He complimented me. I smiled at him. "Thank you!" I checked him out as I walked over to him. Damn he looked good in that outfit of his... I pressed my lips to his for a kiss. "You look mighty fine yourself, birthday boy!" Justin smirked at me and we kissed again.

"You do realize how you're taller than me in those?" He questioned my shoes. I was only a tiny bit taller than him. No big deal!

"Uhm..." I smirked at him. "Does that bother you? Because I don't really give a fuck!"

Justin shook his head smirking and kissed me once more before we met up with the others and got into the cars that were taking us to the venue of the party. I was a little nervous for whatever reason. There would probably be industry people - people that knew my family and recognized me and I was scared of the memories they would give me. Also I was gonna meet more friends of Justin's and that somehow freaked me out a little.

Finally we made it to the party. When we arrived the music was already blasting around the club loudly so we even heard it outside in front of the venue. They had a red carpet where we took some photos before heading inside. Justin introduced me to more of his friends. Ryan, Fredo, Rory, Maejor, Za and Nick were there too so I at least knew a few people. At some point he went off to mingle and I went to the bar to get myself a drink. On my way there I ran into Keith Richardson.

"Emma, is that you?" He beamed at me and pulled me in for a long hug. My eyes watered.

"Keith - it's so good to see you. I didn't know you were gonna be here!" I smiled at him.

"Same for you. How are you holding up?" He asked me concerned.

"I'm good. Doing okay. Actually I'm in therapy at the moment and it's really helping a lot." I smiled again.

"That's good to hear. Hey, are you back in LA?"

"No." I laughed. "I'm only here for a couple of days. Soon I'll be off to Canada again." I smiled.

"Nice. It was good seeing you Emma! You are such a strong woman! I bet your Dad's immensely proud of you. If you ever wanna go back to music, just give me a call." He winked at me. Keith knew I wasn't gonna pursue it. He had been the Vice when my Dad was CEO of Universal. Keith had stepped in after my dad passed.

I continued to the bar and got myself a glass of wine. I wasn't really planning on getting drunk tonight. Justin was supposed to have fun and just in case he overdid it a little I wanted to be sober enough for the both of us. When I was about to head off and find Jeremy and Chelsea I was stopped.

"The beautiful Emma Lockwood, I can't believe my eyes! Never thought I'd see the day." A familiar voice said and I turned smirking.

"Scooter Braun, good to see you!" We hugged.

"Fancy running into you here!" I smirked at that.

"Yeah well, I like to think I'm someone's plus one..." I told him and he nodded at me.