Chapter 32 - Wifi Code

The next day we had to say goodbye for a while. I cried a lot and even Justin shed a few tears. Eventually I made it to the hills house and started cleaning the place up a little. I had to go through all the stuff, because the house would be either sold or completely renovated. In a way it was good to keep myself busy so I wouldn't have to think about the fact that I wasn't gonna see Justin in almost two months too much. Paris came over and helped. I stayed for another two days and we pretty much spent the time together. She kinda moved in and we did girls nights, watching chick flicks and enjoying way too much ice cream. Also we found some of the tapes... The two of us did a round of crying together as we listened to them.

---------------------

After I got back to Canada, I was busy with catching up on studying, so I spent the first couple of days in the library. Justin and I tried our best to FaceTime on a daily basis but with my lectures, his shows and the time difference we didn't always make it. It was a good thing I was busy though, because I missed him terribly, and school took my mind off things. Also, courseworks, papers and presentations were rolling around again and I wanted to be free when Justin returned from tour. Plus, then there would be the wedding and the bachelorette party that would keep me busy as well so I tried my best to get stuff done ahead of time. All my exams I would take during the resit period in June.

Whenever I wasn't studying I was talking to Dr. Meyer to prepare for the hearing. It was stressful and painful, but I managed. Therapy helped a lot and I felt myself making progress in dealing with my past. The only annoying thing was that the bastard kept bugging me about apologizing. He had tried to call me a couple times, but I never picked up. Dr. Meyer said if he ever showed up at one of my places, he'd file for a preliminary injunction that would keep the guy from contacting me. So far that hadn't happened though, and I didn't feel threatened or scared by the bastard, so it was okay.

I hadn't seen the girls in forever - well apart from occasional run-ins at the library or in class. They all kept bugging me about going out together again and I finally gave in. So, now we were at our favorite bar in Toronto once again - apparently a newcomer band was playing tonight. This time Jeremy watched the kids and Chelsea was with us. Sarah and Torrie both brought their boyfriends and it was annoying the hell out of me. Ever since I was a couple again, but my boyfriend was at the other end of this planet and I missed him terribly, I couldn't stand couples. I hated watching them gush over another and being touchy and all that. Of course I was more than happy for my girls and the guys they had found were lovely, but still it kinda bothered me.

"So are you and Justin together now?" Lilz asked and Chelsea beamed at me. I couldn't stop myself from smiling brightly as well.

"What'd he tell you?" I asked Chelsea who laughed at my question.

"He told us about how you went to Santa Monica..." she embraced me in a hug. "I'm so proud of you, girl!" I laughed. Justin must've told them what I said to him. "Did he now?" I questioned. "Yeah... he loved it." I beamed again.

"I saw pictures of you guys out at the Pier." Sarah stated. "You looked soo adorable!" She gushed.

"Yeah..." I beamed. "We got that a couple times actually." I laughed.

"Finally! It's not like we didn't all see that coming..." Lily concluded and I laughed.

"Yeah... It seems like everyone kinda saw it coming, but me." I laughed a little embarrassed.

"I'm so happy for you, Emma!" Torrie smiled warmly at me. This meant so much after how things went down at the farewell dinner. "Thank you Torrie!" I hugged her briefly.

"How did that happen though? I mean it was kinda sudden. We all assumed something was up when you flew to LA for this birthday, but still..." Sarah asked. The girls still didn't know about our running into each other at the Grammys.