Chapter 40 - Maxwell

Emma's point of view:

The next morning we were all relaxing on the loungers after breakfast. Justin and I shared one and Enrique had placed himself to my right.

"So Emma, do you have a photo of your brother?" Lily asked about Max again as we were tanning on the loungers. I flinched a little at the memory of him, but pulled out my phone and showed her the picture taken before his graduation ceremony at Julliard.

"Here you go. This is Max." I showed her my phone.

"Dammit Emma!" She gaped at the phone

"Dammit Emma!" She gaped at the phone. "He's hot!"

Enrique chuckled next to me in response. The girls passed the phone around further.

"Oh my god, Emma! Part of me is sorry you're related to such a fine piece of man..." Sarah joked and I laughed with Enrique again.

"Sarah, even if I wasn't related to him nothing would ever happen..." I joked. Justin squeezed my arm reassuringly while Enrique and I chuckled again. See, Max was gay just like Enrique. They had a fling back in the day.

Eventually the phone made it back to me and Justin asked to see him as well. Then Enrique looked at the picture for a while and I could tell he was sad, just like me. "I miss him." He stated. "Me too." I forced a small smile over to him. There was an awkward silence as nobody really understood apart from Chelsea and Justin.

"Come on show them the ad!" Enrique encouraged me and I laughed. "They're gonna love it." He added with a smirk.

"You're still drooling over that one aren't you?" I joked and he nodded laughing. I quickly found an image of the ad Max did for Calvin Klein just before he died and showed it to the girls. "Here you go, remember this is my brother!" I stated chuckling.

 "Here you go, remember this is my brother!" I stated chuckling

"Holy fuck!" Lily exclaimed. "You sure he's unavailable?"

"Yeah."