Chapter 22 - Talks

Okay fine, Justin was right... I had decided to talk to Chelsea, so he could tell Jeremy about us. Of course it wasn't fair of me to ask him to keep secrets for me all the time...

"Chelsea..." I asked in that singing voice kids use when asking something from their moms with a smirk on my face.

"Yeah?" She chuckled down the line.

"Remember how you told me I could talk to you..."

"Yeah?"

"Could we meet up for coffee or something maybe? It's on me, I promise, but I kinda need you..." I begged.

"Sure. How about Tim Hortons at the mall in an hour?" She suggested.

"I'll be there. Thank you! Love you!" We hung up and I got ready. Ironically this was the cafe I'd been to with Jazzy and Justin when I ran into them at that boutique last year. Anyways... I made my way there and found a place for us to sit. When Chelsea got there I went to get our coffees and we sat down together.

"So what's going on? You okay?" She asked me concerned.

I smirked. "You know what this is about... I may or may not have told you the full truth when you picked us up at the airport..." I trailed off and we both chuckled.

"I knew it! I knew it!" Chelsea exclaimed and I hid my face in my hands in embarrassment.

"Come on, it's okay." She pried my hands from my face. "Tell me." She encouraged.

"Okay, first of all I need to know what you know... what did Justin tell you guys about LA and the night he stayed at my place last year?"

"Uhm... nothing much. I asked him about when he stayed at yours and he told me you weren't feeling good that day and needed a friend or something. I found it weird but after your text before Christmas it kinda made sense... about LA he didn't say much either but that you ran into each other at the Grammy's. Why are you asking that?"

"Okay, fine." I was relieved to know he kept his mouth shut - that meant I could actually trust him. "I need to ask you something though... the reason I asked Justin to keep quiet about all this is not because I didn't want people to know about what happened between me and him..." Chelsea raised her eyebrows at me in disbelief. "...but because it's connected to things I can't talk about... because Justin always kept showing up in my life uninvited he found out certain things about me that I can't talk about... I know this sounds weird, but I really have been through a lot and I haven't told him much either, it's more like he saw me in certain situations..." I rambled and she looked at me like I didn't make sense at all, which I probably didn't. "Anyways... when I tell you now don't ask about things that come as a total surprise to you, okay? Please. I need this, I really can't talk about certain things!" I begged. "You can ask about me and him, but not other things, okay?"

"O-Kay, I guess." Chelsea was majorly confused.

"Alright. The day after I stayed at Justin's place. I went to my house in the hills with Paris  - the mutual friend..." Her eyes went wide. "This is the part you don't get to ask about!" I warned her. "Anyways, it brought up a lot of memories and because you're not the only one trying to play matchmaker here, Paris called Justin to come there. Elton and David came over, too... I hadn't been to the house in over two years, but I grew up there which is why I never went back and why it was hard for me to be there and why I chose to stay at Justin's place instead the night before." I paused and Chelsea nodded frowning, trying to make sense of what I was telling her.

"LA holds a lot of memories and the night at the Grammy's was very emotional for me because I grew up in the industry as my parents both worked in music and I kinda have my own history with it..." I sighed. "I can't tell you more right now, I'm sorry. My family and my past are the two things I can't talk about and trust me Justin doesn't know any more either. Feel free to ask him..." I joked.

Mr. Moneybags | jbOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara