Chapter 29 - Fast car

When I opened my eyes the next morning I faced a small smile on Justin's face. As I blinked he kissed me awake. "Good morning, beautiful!" He greeted me and I smiled. "Morning!" We cuddled in bed for a while until I was fully awake.

"Did you have a good time last night?"

"Yeah." He chuckled. "I still can't get over how you fired that Lilian chick..." he laughed in my face. Shit! I actually did that... I smirked a little embarrassed.

"I've never fired anyone before... I didn't even know I could do that... Scooter kinda gave me the idea." I laughed and so did Justin. He shook his head smirking.

"All because you were jealous cause she was talking to me!?" Justin laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"I told you... she got fired before I ever saw her talking to you."

Justin raised his eyebrows at me in disbelief. "Sure."

"Feel free to ask Keith or Scooter... besides, how do you think I managed to get that email sent to her phone if I fired her simultaneously. I might be capable of a lot, but not that..." I laughed and Justin kissed my forehead. We cuddled in bed for another couple of minutes before getting up.

We were currently sitting at the table outside with everyone enjoying breakfast. "So, did you have fun last night?" Pattie asked Justin and he laughed right away.

"Yeah... I did." He smirked at me and I shook my head. "I especially enjoyed the part where Emma got an innocent girl fired because she was jealous." He laughed. Everyone gaped at us and Chelsea had a smirk on her lips.

"Seriously Justin, how many times do I have to tell you she got herself fired long before I ever saw her talking to you." I laughed.

"Wait, how come you can fire someone?" Jeremy wondered at some point.

"Yeah Justin, you wanna explain to them how you're gonna get fired next if you don't finally shut up about it?" I beamed at him. There was a moment of silence during which Justin and I exchanged a look.

"You're Andrew's daughter, aren't you?" Pattie asked and my eyes went wide as I gaped at her. What the heck?!

"You remember my dad?" I asked after I recovered from my shock with a lump in my throat.

"Sure. He was always so very supportive." Pattie smiled warmly at me. "Don't you remember, Justin?"

"What?" Justin made. "I'm lost."

"My dad signed you." I told him with a smile. "He always signed the cases that nobody else would sign, because they were too whatever if he saw a future for them. Usually he was right." I explained.

"Nobody was gonna sign me, because I was too young back then... So that was your dad who signed me?" I slowly nodded at Justin.

"I remember how he told us... 'People are so stupid. Thinking a 12-year-old was too young.' He said. Max and I laughed so hard we were crying." I smiled at the memory. Justin smirked at me.

"He said his kids had been working in the industry from the age of six, so it was no big deal. Andrew told us to make some arrangements because of legal implications, school and so on, but other than that he thought the other labels were being ridiculous." Pattie explained.