Chapter 20 - Revival

Emma's point of view:

I had played myself empty. I sat in front of the piano and tears were streaming down my face. I shouldn't have gone there and played my lullaby. I'm such an idiot! This was too much - I had pushed myself over the edge. A knock on the door pulled me back to reality. I turned and found Elton standing in the doorway.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

I got up and launched myself at him. I cried for a good ten minutes before I calmed down eventually. "Empty."

Elton shot me a confused look. "I feel empty." He nodded understanding as I wiped the tears away.

"You must be hungry." I nodded at him. "Come on, there is pizza downstairs." He told me. As I was about to exit the room for the stairs, Elton stopped me briefly. "Emma?" I turned. "Before you go down there, you should know that Paris is still here and there's someone else." At first I was confused. Then I understood. Paris must've called Justin here. Why would she do that? Damn girl! Was she trying to play matchmaker? Why was everyone...?

"I can kick him out if you want." Elton offered. I smiled at him and shook my head. "It's okay."

Carefully I went downstairs and sighed a couple of times in the process. Paris launched herself at me at the bottom of the staircase. "I'm so proud of you! You were awesome!" She told me with tears in her eyes. I smiled at her.

Next I saw Justin. "It's safe to say I didn't see that one coming." He smirked at me and pulled me in for a hug. I laughed at that. "Well, I'm full of surprises, Bieber!" I smirked right back at him. We went and sat down in the living room. Elton handed me some pizza and water. Gosh, I'm hungry!

"David was here too before, but he couldn't stay. He took the boys home to sleep." Elton informed me. I nodded. "We're all so proud of you, Emma." Elton had tears in his eyes. Wow!

"H-how long have you all been here?" They all chuckled at my question. Oh crap, I probably lost track of time again up there.

"How long was I-" I cut myself off. Did I really wanna know?

"10 hours." I gaped at Paris. "What?" I was shocked and they all chuckled again. "Oh my god!"

"Did you all listen for this long?" I wondered.

"More or less. These two made it here around when you started." A hand flew to my mouth in shock. I looked each of them in the eyes, they all smiled brightly. Shit! What did I even play? Did I mess up?

"Oh god! Hopefully, I didn't make a fool of myself..." I mumbled more to myself than anyone in particular.

"Emma, seriously?" Paris scolded me.

"I haven't played anything in two years, Paris!" I gaped at her. What's her problem?

"You haven't played in two years?" Justin asked. I shook my head. "Like at all?" He squinted his eye in disbelief. I shook my head again. "This was the first time you touched an instrument in two years?"

"Yes, Justin - more than two years actually." I rolled my eyes at him before taking another bite of my slice of pizza. What's up with him?

He raised his eyebrows, chuckled and leaned back. "Wow!"

"So, what are you planning on doing now?" Paris asked. I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "Now that you're back to music-"

I cut her off. "I'm not back to music, Paris!" I told her firmly.

"Emma, you just-"

Again I cut her off. "What Paris? Yes I just played for a while, but I'm not going back to music! I don't know what happens next. I may play every once in a while when I feel like it, but I'm not going to pursue it - full stop." I paused. "I quit music for a reason, and that reason is still very much existent, ask Elton how I felt after the last piece I played." Paris flinched at my words. "I'm not doing music again." My voice broke at the words. "I can't..." I whispered the last part as tears sprung to my eyes. I gulped. Everyone seemed in shock about what I was saying.