Chapter 41 - Feeling good

To my surprise Justin shot up from the bed and crushed me in a hug. "Happy birthday, Emma!" He smiled at me and kissed me. There were no questions, no shock on his face. This was weird, but I didn't think about it any further. Then he sang for me just like my brother suggested. It was beautiful and I had tears in my eyes. We stayed in our little bubble for a while until I had my emotions under control again. Then we rejoined the others.

The house staff was passing around champagne and everyone congratulated me. For some reason nobody was shocked or shooting questions at me. Enrique had most likely prepared them and explained things a little. Bless him!

Soon we went back to normal. Enrique made us cocktails and we went back to drinking and having fun.

"There's a a karaoke machine!" Lily spotted.

"Come on let's play!" Chelsea added.

"Yeah, can we play Emma?" Sarah asked me politely.

"Sure, go on." I smiled at them.

"Let's all play together." Torrie suggested. The guys didn't seem too impressed but went along.

"Have fun guys, I'm just gonna watch you people." I announced.

"No, come on Emma!" Lily pushed.

"I'm sure you're not that bad of a singer." Simon added with a wink. If only they knew. Justin let out a low chuckle next to me.

"That's not why. I'm just not in the mood right now. You guys go ahead. I'll be cheering you on." I smiled politely hoping that would shut them down.

"No, move it girl! We're all making ourselves look like fools - you included!" Torrie pushed.

"Come on Emma, you don't have to be embarrassed." Jeremy smirked at me.

"That's not-" Sigh.

"Guapa, your brother's watching. Listen to him for once!" Enrique pushed. We shared a look and I sighed again. Then I shot Justin a questioning look. He shrugged and raised one eyebrow smirking. "Fine." I finally gave in. "Don't cry if you lose Bieber!" I told him so only he could hear and my boyfriend let out another chuckle.

"I'm Team Emma!" Enrique announced right away and I laughed.

"Alright everyone pick whose team you wanna be on. It's either Justin or me." I told people with a smirk. "Let's do this!" Of course everyone wanted to be on his team because nobody knew I could sing. So finally the teams were settled. Chelsea, Enrique, Torrie, Marc and Simon were with me. Apart from Enrique nobody really wanted to be on my team. Torrie still was a bit awkward with Justin ever since things didn't work out in December, that's why she chose me and Chelsea wanted to be a doll. The guys were simply left over so they were put on my team. Johnny, Jeremy, Sarah and Lily were with Justin.

"We already won." John exclaimed proudly and they all chuckled. I merely smirked at Justin.

"You're on guys!" I told them.

People started singing, performing various songs. We made sure to pick uptempo fun party songs so everyone could dance along and we all had a good time.

While Chelsea covered Kesha's 'Tik Tok' Justin and I danced around together. He spun me around and pulled me close from behind so my back was pressed flush against his chest. My boyfriend's chin rested on my shoulder and I could feel his hot breath tickling my cheek. Then he rocked us from side to side according to the rhythm. A moment later I turned in his arms. Still dancing we shared and intense look and I momentarily forgot about everyone around us, the place, the time of day - the world stood still for a little moment. Justin smiled my favorite smile down at me and there was some emotion dancing in his eyes. I'd like to think it was love and happiness caused by me, us, our little moment, but it would be fairly presumptuous of me to think that. Soon enough I found my lips connected to the plump, full, soft and warm ones of my boyfriend and a tongue touching my bottom lip asking for entrance. Of course I was more than happy to intensify this little makeout session getting lost in the blissful moment. The latter, however, didn't last too long - much to my displeasure.