Chapter 2 - School

I looked up to see...

"Jennie! Watch your language young lady!" My teacher shouted out. "Sorry, Ma'am~" Jennie sarcastically responded. Jennie, one of my first official high school bullies, who's only using me to get closer to my brothers. Knowing that they hate the new girl for some unknown reason, she started attacking me to seek the attention and approval from my brothers. No one, even the teachers, knew that BTS and I were siblings. My expression stayed in distress for a few seconds, before my emotionless face returned and I bowed to the class, "Thank you". The teacher started clapping and I saw a few students in tears but not all. 'Well, looks like I won't be getting the opportunity'. "Y/N! That was amazing and it felt so real! As expected from one of our top students." I smiled and bowed to the teacher before returning to my seat. I didn't realise Jennie glaring at me until I walked past her; her eyes were a little red and dry tear marks were still visible on her cheeks, "Yes! I made her cry!". I was really proud of myself, it was difficult to contain my smirk but I resisted the urge to not break my cold face.

... As soon as the bell rang, I got up to get to assembly. "Y/N! I would like to speak with you for a moment." My teacher requested. I walked up to her while other students were exiting the classroom. "Y/N, your acting was phenomenal, and even though you didn't make everyone cry, *sigh everyone is so stubborn these days... , I have decided to give you the opportunity to act in the upcoming movie!" *gasp*...I was absolutely shocked. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Me? Acting in a movie??. "Omg, am I dreaming?? Tell me I'm dreaming. Wait!" I pinch myself, "Ouch! That hurts! Wait... I'm not dreaming... Thank you so much!!" I found myself hugging the teacher while she smiled at me, telling me that I really did deserve it. I joyfully went out the door until the teacher called out to me one last time. "Y/N! If anyone is trying to bully you... I'll always be here to talk." I gave her a short nod and exited the classroom.

Assembly was boring as always, as I look at the teachers giving out announcements, though I never really understood what they're saying, probably because I don't pay attention. The principal takes his turn using the microphone, "Good Morning students! As some of you may know, in a couple of weeks, the school will be holding our annual school festival! Every student is to sign into an activity whether it's a cafe, haunted house, or whatever we have, you must all sign up for something! The signing sheet is in front of my office. Those who haven't chosen one will be put into a random activity by me. This festival means a lot to this school, and I hope this year goes well, like all other years. Thank you! You may go to class." I swim through the crowds of students as I walk to my next class, English. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Yeo Hwanwoong!

"Hey Y/N~" He used his large hand to ruffle my hair. "Yah! Stop it." I commanded playfully as I tried to get his hand off of my head. I met Hwanwoong on the first day of school. He was really kind in helping me get through the beginning of my high school life and we've been really good friends, though we don't see each other often since we have different timetables and of course, he has his friends, but he'll always find time to be with me, which I'm very grateful for. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and escorted me to my classroom. "Well Y/N, I'll take my leave now~I'll see you later~" He pinches my cheek, and I flinch from the pain, "Omg, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pinch that hard!" Hwanwoong said in panic as he gently rubbed my cheek, "Wait...is this concealer?" Hwanwoong looked into my eyes with a worried look, "Did someone hit you again?". I removed his hand from my cheek as I reassured him that everything was alright. "No, I just thought of putting some makeup on." Hwanwoong gave me the 'Do you think I'm dumb' face since he knows I rarely wear makeup. "Hurry up and go to class! You'll be late!" I entered the classroom before he could say anything.

-Time skips-

Lunch times are the worst. The cafeteria is packed with starving students and I never get the chance to eat in peace. Food gets thrown on me, drinks are 'accidentally' poured on me wherever I sit, and when my brothers are here, I get hit many times... well, I still get hit even if they're not here. My only option is to stay in the bathroom, until I remembered that my brothers weren't here... meaning... I can go to the rooftop! My brothers occupy the rooftop all the time to hide from their fans and sometimes I forget they're there and would go up, only to get beaten up more. When I opened the door to the rooftop, the cool breeze welcomed my body as it blows past my face, lifting my hair behind. I stand behind the fence surrounding the perimeter of the area and view the clear scenery of the wide school grounds. All my worries disappear in an instant as I take a deep breath of the fresh atmosphere. The bright sky was exceptionally transparent, I felt like I could see the universe on the other side of the clear blue window.

I sat down and took out my store bought lunch box. As I ate the hard white rice, accompanied with cold sides and super sour kimchi, I finished my English homework as well as my bullies' homework. My thoughts were occupied with ideas as I was planning my next dance choreography since the topic was on dreams. "...my beautiful child..." I suddenly remembered the dream from this morning and my eyes widen in realisation, "Mother?..." *Ding dong* The school bell started ringing as I'm brought back to reality. I packed up, looking at the sky one more time, "I don't know if that was you, but if it is...I'm so sorry..." and returned to the school hallway, continuing on my other school subjects.

The last bell rang and everyone was excited to be dismissed. I hear the conversations of classmates wondering if they should go shopping, internet cafes, or karaoke. To be honest, it's really lonely being the only student at school who can't hang out with friends, though I don't mind it since it has some benefits, like better relaxation, being the boss of what I want to do and other pros, however, I've always wanted to hang out and socialise with other people... but it's never going to happen... I briskly walked home as I remembered the list of tasks my brothers had given me to finish. The smooth, milky exterior walls of our house glistened as the sun slowly began to set. The polished wooden door creaked when I pushed on the handle and the keys jingled from the movement. *Creak*...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

Thank you for reading Chapter 2 of 'Forgive me, My Brothers". I hope you really enjoyed it!

- Euphoria_Within