Chapter 37 - Weren't Siblings?

The voice chuckled, "Surprised?". My eyes widened even more from the confirmation, "U-uh, yeah...very surprised. How are you, f-father?" I didn't know what to say considering I rarely saw him; probably a few times when I was very little but...why was he thinking of me now? "I've been okay.", he replied.

The line went silent, "U-um, was there anything you needed?". He sighed, "Y/N...Do you think you could visit your father for a while?" His request startled me, "R-really? Y-you want ME to visit you?" He chuckled, "Is it weird for a father to ask their daughter for a visit?". I stuttered, "N-no, I thought you might have wanted the others to visit you...". He sighed, "No. I really regret not spending time with you during childhood so...I'm trying to make it up to you." A natural smile formed on my face, "Thanks Father! I could-".

I was about to agree until I remembered Jin's words, "I'll tell you this...Father... he's the one to blame for mother's death." and I stiffened. Father's voice rang through my ear, breaking the long silence , "Y/N?". But despite Jin's statement, I wanted to know more, "U-uh, yeah! I can visit! When?".

"In 3 days.", he requested. 'Huh? That's when...what a coincidence!'. I smiled, "Sure! Where do you live?". He giggled, "I live on an island, Y/N. I'll send you the details later but promise me...do NOT tell anyone, especially your brothers, about this!" I processed his words in confusion, "W-why?".

"It's our little secret." His deep tone sounded a bit...intense. "U-uh...okay."

"Thank you Y/N! I'll see you in 3 days then.", and he hung up the phone. "Why all of a sudden though?". I stared at my phone in disbelief.

I, then, began to ponder at how I would tell my brothers. "I should first talk to Namjoon." I left my room and ran upstairs to Namjoon's room, before I halted outside his door. *badump* 'Breathe Y/N.'. After some deep breathing to calm my nervous self, I knocked on his door, "N-namjoon, it's Y/N.". He granted access as I pushed on the door, revealing him sitting at his study desk, "I-I need to tell you something."

"What is it, Y/N?". I hesitated a bit, "I'll be staying at a friend's house when you guys leave but I think I'll return on the same day.". He raised his brows, "Who?". My eyes darted in various directions, "U-u-uh...Her name's Marina.". He carefully inspected me before nodding, "No worries Y/N!". I smiled, "Thanks Namjoon! Sorry for disturbing you!", and immediately shut his door. 'That was easier than I thought it was.'

As I made my way to the staircase, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into a room, "Ah!". My back hit a hard surface at rapid speed before I was able to process the situation, "...Sorry Y/N, did I hurt you?". This voice, "...J-Jimin?" Jimin had pinned me to his bedroom wall, "W-what are you doing?".

His face was so close. His eyes narrowed while looking down at me. He looked so...manly. I felt the fire igniting on my cheeks, "...Could I kiss you?". My eyes widened, "...huh?". He began to lean in. Closer and closer and... "Haha! I'm only joking Y/N!".

Jimin slowly released his grip, covering his face as he laughed, "Hey! Why did you do that?!". My brows furrowed with my cheeks puffed out, "Because Y/N is so adorable!". He cupped my cheeks into his hands as he squeezed them, "Yah! Stooop!".

He frowned, making an obvious puppy face, "Are you angry?". I tried to stay angry as possible but, "*sigh* No, I'm not.", who could resist that look? Suddenly, his lips landed on my cheek. *badump*badump* My body stiffened but my heart kept beating—fast.

I felt his sly smirk, "...Cute~". Flustered, I blurted, "I-I'm leaving!". I immediately ran out the door and down the stairs, nearly tripping along the way but was soon caught in someone's arms, "Woah! Careful, Y/N!". I looked up, "S-sorry Hoseok.". He stared at me, placing his hand on my forehead, "Y/N, are you sure you're okay? Your face is still red...".

I gave an awkward laugh, "Ah haha, I'm really fine! Right as rain!". He smiled, kissing my forehead, "Whatever you say, my sunshine~". *badump*badump* I stared at him, lost in my world. Hoseok tilted his head, "What's wrong, Y/N?". I flinched at my name, "Ah! Nothing! I'll be going to my room now!".

I briskly walked away from him, 'I-I should start packing...'.

...

It was late at night. I stayed on the floor, curled in front of the heater. Only the desk light remained awake as I stared at the night sky through the window, 'Why does father want to see me all of a sudden?'. I pondered on and on. Figuring if it was a good or bad idea to see him. 'Maybe...he had finally started to accept me?' ... "...he's the one to blame for mother's death." Jin's words continue to circle my head, '...Why though?'

*knock*knock* "Y/N, are you awake?" My head turned towards the closed door, "No! You can come in." The light of the lamp illuminated the side of his figure as he walked in. "Can't sleep, Jungkook?". I smiled as he seated himself next to me. "No...You?". I nodded, "Me neither. Did you need something?".

He widely grinned, "I wanted to give this back to you.". In the palm of his hands laid a golden locket, "*gasp!* Thank you Jungkook!". Warmly accepting the pendant, I immediately opened the heart as it revealed a tiny image. My eyes sparkled at the sight of it. "Are you going somewhere, Y/N?", Jungkook asked as my attention returned to him, "Hmm?". He gestured towards my half-packed suitcase, "Ah! Yes! I'm going to see a friend while you're overseas!". He nodded at my reply.

My eyes returned to the delicate photo in my hand, "You were all so tiny...". He chuckled, "...and dorky.". I laughed with him, "Hmm~I can imagine.". Jungkook pouted at my comment as my stomach began to hurt, "I'm joking! JK, JK.". He sighed helplessly, "I know~~". My eyes remained glued to the picture while we sat in silence.

"Hey Y/N.", Jungkook called out. I looked at him again, "Yeah?". He hesitated a bit, "D-do you love me?". I blinked for a bit and giggled, "Of course I love you. You're my brother! Why wouldn't I?". His brows furrowed, "W-what if I wasn't?". I froze, "Huh?". Jungkook's gaze grew intense, "What if we... weren't siblings? Would you love me...as a man?". I softened at his question, thinking it was a joke, "Oh! Haha! Well, of course I'd love you! You're a charming and loving man. All girls are crushing on you right now!". He furrowed his brows, "I'm seriously asking you, Y/N."

I went speechless as I stared at him in confusion. He gently grabbed onto my shoulders, "Y/N...", and began leaning in. My heart raced at the sudden situation, 'H-huh?'. As Jungkook closed in, he paused suddenly, eyes widened as he abruptly let go, "S-sorry Y/N, forget what I just asked...Goodnight.". He instantly left, leaving me perplexed and stunned.

"What if we weren't siblings?". I clutched onto the golden heart in my hand, "Were you serious, Jungkook?". "Would you love me as a man?". My heart skipped a beat, "What do you mean? ... ... ...Loving my brothers as ...men?".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

♥ ♥ ♥ ~~I hope you enjoyed this chapter~~ ♥ ♥ ♥

- Euphoria_Within