Chapter 22 - Beginning of a new life

Rows and rows of different shops, cafes and leisure stores intrigued me by the second, as I gawked at them in awe. Some people gave me weird looks but I didn't care; I loved this new world! "Okay, let's find a job now!" I wanted to seek a position nearer the ocean since I felt more comfortable that way. I found a luxurious restaurant and decided to go in, "Welcome! Have you booked a table?" A young lady dressed in a white blouse with a black skirt greeted me at the front counter, "Ah...no... I was wondering if I could get a job?". 'OMG I am speaking to a human!' She looked at me apologetically, "Sorry, we currently aren't hiring." I smiled, "It's okay! Thank you though." I exited the place as I decided where to go next.

Store after store after store and I'm still rejected; not hiring... no experience...the bombardment of excuses are extreme, "*sigh* It's so hard to find a job...". I turned towards a quiet street where barely anyone came until, "Help! Thief!" The shriek of a woman's voice interrupted my heavy thoughts as I saw a person covered in black ran out of a floral store with a heavy bag. I immediately ran, surprisingly fast, and instantly caught up to the person as I pulled onto their shirt, striking them on the back of their neck, causing them to lose consciousness, 'Huh? ...How did I do that?' I stared at the person then back at my hands before noticing the bag on the floor and returned it the elderly florist, "Thank you so much, sweetie! You really saved the store this time! That person stole a whole fortune! I have contacted the police already so they should arrive soon. *sigh* Seriously, how may I repay you?"

"It's all good Ajumma, but I'm actually looking for a job... and a place to stay if you offer any?" The woman's smile beamed invisible light as she replied, "What a coincidence! I needed some help with my shop and there is a spare room upstairs that you are welcome to use." I started squealing with joy as I hugged her chubby shoulders, "Thank you Ajumma! I'm Y/N! Please take care of me!" She started laughing as she patted my back, "Y/N...What a beautiful name. I'm Younghee but just call me Ajumma."

After a while of interacting with the police, they had finally left with the thief. As Ajumma entered her store, I admired the exterior; flowers of all sorts were placed in pastel vases on the floor, some dangled from the ceiling in glass pots, others were positioned on the wall as the fragrance were in equal power as their beauty. A wind chime rang as the wind gently passed by; it felt enchanting.

I walked into the cosy interior and was entranced through the simplicity of many. Extra varieties of florals were arranged in order, like an orchestra, on different sized shelves and displays while some laid on the wooden oak floor. The walls consisted of a creamy white hue as the various colours of flowers, organised against it, invaded its monochromatic shade. At the back of the store were a short flight of steps which led to our living quarters. Upstairs, was a TV placed in front of a small leather couch, positioned between a small kitchen and a decent table. Along the walls were three doors and a small window, "That's the bathroom, that's my bedroom and this...is yours." The woman gently opened my bedroom door to reveal a small compartment obtaining a plain bed, wardrobe, and study table.

'Hmm... I feel like I had a room similar to this one before... ... ... Wait. What am I talking about?' I directed a genuine smile to Ajumma, "Thank you Ajumma, this is enough for me." She further introduced the many types of florals and gardening possessions of her business. Finalising her description of the tiny establishment, she questioned, "You'll get the hang of it soon~Do you like any specific type of flower?" I dreamily gazed at the exotic blossoms of the modern garden, "...I've never seen anything of the sort...I love them all! I can't choose!" Her eyes flickered with amusement, "Haha, you're a weird one. Have you never seen flowers before?" I shook my head in a straight-forward manner, causing the woman to worry, "Child...Would you be able to tell me more about yourself?" I grinned at her request, "Of course Ajumma!"

...

"I see...so you have lost your memories..." She replied after hearing my story, though obviously, I couldn't tell her that I was a mermaid, "Yes. I could only remember my name but that's probably it..." She smiled at me, "Don't worry Y/N, you can stay here for as long as you like. I'm willing to take care of you and...if your memories do return, your choice of life is up to you.". "Thank you Ajumma~"

- Few months later -

A few months have passed and I finally became accustomed to my new life. I knew almost everything related to human functions and surroundings, but I knew I had much to learn as well. "Y/N! Could you help me a bit?" Ajumma called out as I was trimming off the rear ends of multiple flower stems, "Yes! Coming!" I saw Ajumma with a piece of paper which looked like a very important order, "Y/N, this order is from a famous company and we must give them the best quality of our flowers."

When I heard that, I was a bit shocked, considering such a small flower shop, that couldn't be seen by anyone, would have such a valuable order, "I need you to complete this order." My eyes instantly grew wider, "What!? Ajumma! It's a really significant delivery! You can't expect me to do it! I'm not very experie-" She interrupted by placing a hand on my shoulder, "I trust you." Her eyes were filled with determination and pride as she extended her hand holding the piece of paper, "...Okay Ajumma... I'll do it!" I took the piece of paper with dedication.

Ajumma went upstairs to take a nap while I continued researching on the flowers in our store that would compliment each other in this special bouquet. "*sigh* They paid so much money... I'll have to exceed their expectations." This bouquet was probably the biggest and most crucial one I had ever done. I stared at the phone Ajumma has especially bought for me not too long ago, which displayed a professional distinct image of fine artists. "...It's them..." My gaze returned to the specific instruction written on the order ticket lying on the table, " Gocheok Sky Dome? Looks like they're really famous! Their tickets were sold out instantly!" My eyes laid on the company's name printed on the top of delicate paper, "...Big Hit Entertainment..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

♥️ ♥️ ♥️ I hope you enjoyed Chapter 22! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ Happy late 15th Anniversary to BigHit!

- Euphoria_Within