Chapter 21 - Holy flipping dolphins!

Its golden sand, the green trees, the box-shaped houses, it was all so alluring. The sun was slowly setting as I looked out to the beautiful, glistening ocean. As I closed my eyes, I remembered the men from earlier until my vision were directed towards a very dark blurry room, "Listen b*tch!" I saw 7 hazy objects, it looked like people, "We done being lovey-dovey with you!" *gasp* My eyes shot open as my hands embraced my aching head,"Ow ow ow, what was that?"

"Hey Taehyung, did you hear something?" My mouth instantly sealed itself, 'Ah! I didn't realise there were people!', as a voice from behind appeared randomly, "What Jungkook?" I poked my head a few centimetres out of the safe zone and saw two of the seven men a few metres away. "It sounded like..." The boy named 'Jungkook' began walking towards my direction, as his feet disrupted the quiet surface of the water.

Jungkook POV

I approached the large rock as I heard a voice from behind. Each step felt heavy and loud, 'It couldn't be...'. "Hey, Jungkook! What are you doing?!" Taehyung shouted out but I continued walking, "Y/N?" My eyes directed towards the rear end of the rock as it concealed whatever it was in its path. My hands started shaking, though my absolute attention was directed to the rock as my gaze positioned itself at the back of it, "...Y/N?".

I found calm, still water with a few floating seaweed, "*sigh* Must have been my imagination." I hopelessly walked back after a very depressing discovery while Taehyung gave me a puzzled look, "It was nothing, Tae. I thought I heard something..."

Y/N POV

My heart was racing at exceptional speed, it could explode as I hustled home, "Phew, that was close! Nearly got caught!" I was suddenly reminded of the boys standing along the shoreline, all handsome but all in sorrow, 'I wonder who you are?'

And just like that, everyday, without Marina realising, I have been coming back to the rock when I had the chance, sometimes I would see humans, sometimes not. But there were so many interesting and unique things I had to know...*gasp* I immediately swam home as I pondered an idea, "*sigh* I pray she accepts this."

...

"What in the hell of Poseidon did you just say?!" Marina screamed as she pounded her hand on the dining table, producing a flinch from my body, "I asked if you-" Marina brutally interrupted me, "I know what you said fishcakes!" I confusingly looked at her, "B-but you said-" Marina mercilessly disrupted my words again, "Don't tell me what I said!" Marina started pacing around uncontrollably, "Holy flipping dolphins! Why would you ask me to do that?". "Pretty please, Marina!" She pinched the bridge of her nose as she sighed from distress, "Well Y/N, if you are that desperate, I could but...it's dangerous, are you positive you want this?" In determination, I bobbed my head while my eyes remained connected to Marina, "*sigh* Okay I guess..."

I started squealing as I twirled in circles creating a whirlpool of bubbles around me, "Yes! Thank you Marina! Aaaaaahhhhhhh~I'm going to have legs! I'll be turning human! Eeeekkk!" Marina dived into her room of potions and came out with a tiny, delicate bottle. My hand immediately reached for the glass container but was interfered by Marina grabbing onto my wrist, "Woah little mermaid! You aren't ready yet! I still need to teach you the important elements of human life! I wouldn't want you to get lost or looking like a blind fish or dying up there." I obediently sat down on the couch as Marina began lecturing me, and though lectures were always boring, this particular talk...was the best!

...

"Okay...I think that's it. You're ready." She handed me the bottle of milky liquid into the palms of my hands, "Thank you Marina! But is there anything I have to sacrifice? I remember you told me, each potion requires a different need of the one who drinks it..." Marina stared at me with uneasy eyes as she half closed them, "No...you've already sacrificed yourself before so I don't mind this time."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Marina handed me a necklace with a shell wrapped around it, "If you need me, blow into this." I didn't ask anymore as I hugged her, "Thank you Marina! I'll come and see you!" before disappearing out of the cave. As I swam through the water, I started planning out my human life, 'So I need to get a job to get money, then I can use the money to get a place I can stay and live comfortably without starving. Perfect plan! Human life is so...easy!"

I reached the surface and positioned myself behind the rock that I called 'my watchtower'. The night concealed the liveliness of the ocean and land but surprisingly, it was also nearly time for the sun to rise as the stars slowly disappeared one by one as they twinkled their last light. My eyes directed to the opened bottle in my hand while taking deep breaths to calm my anxious heart, "Here it goes."

The milky liquid spread through my mouth and gradually, intense pain engulfed my body as I dropped the empty bottle into the rippling waters. A killing headache invaded my head as I felt it was being ripped apart while my tail whipped from side to side as I felt as if someone had sliced it straight down in the middle and soon... I blacked out in a heartbeat.

...

It was dark and I felt my throat shutting down. I couldn't breathe; I was suffocating. *gasp**cough**cough* I threw my head back as I coughed out the water through my nose and mouth, before realising I had collapsed in the water with my head buried underneath it, "Oh My Poseidon, I can't breathe underwater?" I looked up to see the bright sun casting a warm light as I bathed in its cosiness, "Wait..." I hurriedly swam towards the shore and wobbled when I stood upon it, "Holy mother flippin' dolphins! I-I-I-I have legs!!"

My hands began caressing my two weird alienated sticks as I gawked in awe at them, "Wow, they're beautiful~it's so smooth~unlike scaly skin." After adoring over my legs, I began to notice my surroundings. I was wearing a plain blue dress, patterned with waves and white foam. My hair was long but it wasn't the identical colour I had when I was a mermaid. Barely covering my feet were vanilla beach sandals decorated with pearls.

On the side of my dress, I felt a bumpy texture and realised it was a pocket, "Hmm? Is this what humans call a 'wallet'?" I carefully unfolded the small leather folder, revealing some money and a note, "Hey Y/N, This is to help you start your new life, I hope it provides good use." I smiled at the handwriting, "Thank you, Marina!" Having one last look at the ocean, I faced the land of legs and dryness, "Let's do this! ...Ow!" I tumbled over the gritty sand as my legs lost balance, "*sigh* I think I'll first practice a bit..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡