Chapter 38 - Not as Brothers

'Why do I feel like this?'

"...y/..."

'My heart is always racing'

"...y/n..."

'What do I do?'

"...Earth! y/n!..."

'I'm confused'

"Earth to Y/N!". I felt a stinging pain on my forehead.

"Ouch! What did you do that for?!"

"What were you thinking about Y/N?", Marina asked, annoyed. "*sigh* I'm not sure myself.", I replied. Marina looked at me weirdly, "What do you mean, 'You're not sure'? Is something bothering you?". I nodded as I looked at her, "Two nights ago, my brother asked... if I wasn't his sister, would I love him as a man?".

Marina jolted a bit, "W-what in the world?". I stared at the shining moon, "That was my reaction as well. I was so confused when he asked me, but...for the past two days when I'm around them, my heart has been going crazy and I'm always sensitive around them...I don't know what's wrong with me!!"

Marina looked at me in silence, but for some reason, it was a very sad look, "Marina?". She smiled, "Well, that really is weird..." I made a dry chuckle, "And it's confusing because I AM their sister so why would he ask such a question?". Marina narrowed her eyes, "...C-curiosity probably?" I smiled, "...Maybe."

"Have you asked him why?" I shook my head, "I don't want to...". Marina stared at me, "Have they told you anything?". I pondered, "No...". Marina narrowed her eyes, "...I see."

"I should get going. It's really late...Oh! I forgot to tell you!" I smiled as I stared into Marina's curious eyes, "My brothers wanted to thank you for taking care of me for the past years,". She flinched, "Don't worry Marina! I didn't tell them anything of us being mermaids!". She shook her head before smiling brightly, "No worries! I'm happy! Tell them it was no problem!".

I opened my mouth again, "Also, I-I'm seeing my father tomorrow!". Marina abruptly went horrified, her eyes petrified, her lips quivering, "It was so sudden! But he called me and asked me to visit him! I think he finally accepts me as his daugh-". Marina grabbed onto my arms, "No! You can't go Y/N! He...He's a dangerous man!"

I stared at Marina in shock, "W-what are you talking about Marina?? D-do you know my father?". She lowered her head, arms shaking, "N-no I don't." before slowly releasing me. "...Marina?". She appeared worried, "I-I'll be fine. He's my father. What could happen?". Her eyes went scarier than ever before, "Yeah...what could happen...". She went silent, "Y/N, do you still remember the deal we made when I turned you into a mermaid? You needed to sacrifice your memories and your-". I interrupted her, "I know, Marina. Don't worry. Nothing is going to happen".

"Y/N...Have you ever wondered who your mother was?", Marina suddenly asked, startling me. "U-uh, O-of course...I've never seen her except a photo at her grave.". I clenched my hands, "But...I really have no right of thinking about her. I did kill her.". Marina placed her hand on my fist, "It's not Y/N. Your brothers said so as well. Your father is to blame.". I sighed, "You've been watching the entire time, haven't you?" She smiled but still trembled from my 'visiting father' shock.

I went silent, not knowing what else to say as I observed Marina's scary state, "I-I better get going, Marina. I'll see you when I get back.". My feet balanced on the slippery sand and I began my way home. "Y/N!", I turned at Marina calling out my name, "Make sure to wear the necklace I gave you! Don't take it off!" and disappeared into the water.

'Why did she look like that?'. Mentioning father to her was like the end of the world, "...Nothing will happen. I'm sure of it."

...

I stood outside as my brothers loaded their luggage onto the two large taxis. "My sunshine~~~I'm going to miss you so much!" Hoseok began crying out devastatingly as he hugged me tightly. "We'll see each other soon Hoseok!". He went quiet and soon released his grip, "Stay safe, Y/N." Hoseok ruffled my hair as I blushed, "You too!". Before entering the taxi, he pecked me on the cheek. My heart fluttered.

"Hoseok! Don't do that to Y/N!" Yoongi suddenly appeared behind me, scolding Hoseok, "Yoongi! Have you finished loading your stuff onto the car?". He smiled, "Of course. Contact us if there's any emergency, okay?". I nodded and he kissed me on the nose before entering the vehicle. My cheeks felt absolutely warm.

My eyes fell onto piles of luggages exiting the house door, "Taehyung! I'll help you!". He settled his stuff down as he waved a hand, "No need Y/N! You'll hurt yourself!". I looked at him helplessly, "Why do you have so much stuff though? All Gucci?". He winked, "You know me the best Y/N!". I laughed as he walked past before I froze when he kissed my cheek, "See you Y/N...".

"Y/N! Could you help me a bit?", Jimin called from the living room, "C-c-coming!". I see Namjoon and Jimin on the floor as they try to close an overfilled suitcase. "Could you sit on this Y/N?", Namjoon requested which I happily accepted. "Why is this so full?", I said laughing at their sweaty faces. "I have no idea.", Jimin replied, giggling. The suitcase finally closed, "Finally! Thank you Y/N!". They suddenly each took my hand and planted a kiss on the back of it, "W-what are you doing?". My face fired at their gesture as they grinned, "We'll see you soon Y/N~", and left to grab more bags, leaving me on the puffed up suitcase, 'My heart is beating like crazy!'

*bang!* A loud bang came from the kitchen as I heard Jin cry out, "Jin! Are you okay!?". He laid on the floor with his hands on his head, "*cough*cough* U-uh I'm okay!" As he saw me entering the kitchen, he immediately stood up, acting as if nothing happened, "B-but you looked scared.". He covered his mouth, "...there was a bug...". I blinked and blinked before bursting into laughter, "Stop laughing!". But I couldn't. "Seriously, you...". I didn't realise Jin was already in front of me, as his lips landed near the corner of my lips, "...You stopped laughing~". I stiffened at his comment, before leaving, "S-see you later, Jin." He grinned, "See you Y/N~".

'Oh! Where's Jungkook?' I ran upstairs to find Jungkook hiding in his room. "Jungkook, why aren't you bringing your stuff out?". He began fidgeting, looking a bit nervous, "N-nothing. I'll be there soon.". I back-hugged him, "You're nervous right? It'll be okay. You're the golden maknae after all!". I felt his hand on mine, "Thanks Y/N." and he pulled onto it, forcing me into his arms as he turned around, "Ah!". *badump* He lightly planted a kiss on my forehead, "I'll miss you." I stared into his dark eyes, "M-me too.".

...

I watched the remaining idols enter the vehicles. My cheeks continued to boil, 'Why do I feel like this?'. The burns of their fiery lips remained on every spot they touched. It was different from Hwanwoong. I felt ecstatic. They rolled down their windows, "See you later Y/N!". I waved at them, "Bye brothers! I love you!". *badump*badump* At those three words, my heart began to beat strongly.

As the taxis drove further away, the beating became painful, almost unbearable, 'Don't leave...'. I didn't want them to leave me, even though I knew they were only going away for a couple of days, but... 'Please don't leave...I...love you.' I gasped at my own thoughts as I realised,

"I love them...not as brothers...but as...men."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

♥ ♥ ♥ Thank you so much for reading! Purple you~~ ♥ ♥ ♥

- Euphoria_Within