Chapter 18 - Go BTS!

...

I laid on my bed while its cotton fabric brushed against my pyjamas as if it was consoling me; telling me it was going to be alright. The sound of rain and thunder invaded the quietness. As I stared at the ceiling, Y/N's face came into view; she was smiling so sweetly. 'Y/N...Forgive me. You were innocent and now you're gone...We never got to know each other because of my stupidity. As the oldest, I should've known it was father but I was so blind. Please come back.' Through my plead, my eyes grew heavier. I saw Y/N's lips move, "Goodnight Jin..." and soon, I fell asleep.

Jimin POV

I was heading to my room after bathing until I saw Jungkook's bedroom door slightly opened and when I peeked through the crack, I found Jungkook sitting along the edge of his bed, staring at something in his hand. "Why aren't you asleep, Kookie?" Jungkook's narrowed eyes never met mine as I approached him. My gaze fell to the pendant on his palm revealing our childhood photo. I sat next to him as we stared at the golden heart. "You think she isn't dead right, hyung?" I didn't know how to answer the question since we both saw her body plunging into the depths of the ocean, "...I don't know..." Jungkook closed the open shell and placed the necklace around his neck, "When she returns, I'll personally give it to her." I smiled at him, "I'll get going then, you get some rest okay?" He nodded as I walked towards the door, "Goodnight!".

I looked out of the window, where the water droplets trickled down against the translucent glass and raced against each other, to see the distant beach we had just been at the entire day. I could visually see a girl standing on the edge of the cliff, "Y/N...". She was smiling and singing as I heard her voice from afar until she dived into the turbulent waters, causing myself to shut my eyes at the scene. I didn't dare look back as I walked to my bed and sliding into the sheets. "I'm going to find dad, I must!" I angrily whispered under my breath as I visioned the face of the murderer, "You are so dead..."

Taehyung POV

Jungkook, Jimin and I were forced to go to school to avoid creating rumors, though we didn't have the spirit. Girls and boys will continue to scream but we weren't glowing like usual. As I strolled through the currently empty hallway, I felt disgusted with myself to know that I had bullied Y/N in this area, and I knew Jungkook and Jimin felt the same way too from their depressed, drooping eyes. "Oppas~~" We completely ignored that familiar, irritating voice while turning a corner, "Oppas~~Wait for me!"

She pounced into our view, grinning, causing us to stop abruptly, "What do you want, Jennie?" Annoyed, I glared at her. "Why are you being so mean, Oppa~?" I didn't change my expression as I waited for her to hurry up, "U-um...Well! I hope Oppas are happy because...look!" She took out her phone, displaying a photo, causing our muscles to tense, "Are you proud, Oppas? I did it!" Jimin snatched the phone out of her hands as we horrifyingly stared at the image; Y/N was lifelessly lying against a marble wall, soaked, with her hair all over the floor. My eyes, bearing deep anger, found Jennie's as she began sweating, "Oppas?"

Without thinking, Jimin thrusted the phone onto the floor, smashing it into unrecognisable fragments, "What the f*ck did you do, b*tch?!" Jennie winced a little as I pulled her by the collar, "I-I-I thought you hated Y/N s-s-s-so I thought you would be h-h-happy if you saw this..." I instantly pushed her away while she lost balance and fell, "Oppas?" My hands trembled in my pockets as I walked past her while Jungkook gave her a kick in the stomach, "Don't call us Oppas, you slut!" before following along, not caring about the sobbing girl on the floor behind us. Time passed but Y/N's emotionless image repeatedly invaded my thoughts, 'Sorry Y/N... I let you suffer without realising anything. Please forgive me...' I stared at the clear skies through the classroom window as I silently pleaded.

...

It was the evening already and Namjoon was on the phone with the chief officer, "Have you found anything on Y/N? Or father?" His expression darkened by the second before hanging up without saying goodbye. "Well, Namjoon?" I asked in worry. His attention slowly directed towards us as he opened his mouth, "They couldn't find anything. It's official that Y/N is...dead," Our faces dropped in disbelief, "And father had disappeared. They can't track any of his traces." Our bodies raged with soundless fires as we started swearing under our noses. 'How can they not track father down, even after so much evidence we've given, including the final recorded phone call!'

"I don't believe that..." Jungkook stated as our eyes turned to face him, "Y/N is still here, I know it, I can feel it..." Jungkook said while clutching onto the heart around his neck, "And father is still out there...I'm sure we can find him, we don't need help, we can do it on our own!" We slightly smiled. "Yes, we can! We'll have to start training now!" Namjoon called out, lifting the tension in the room. "Go BTS!" We chanted while raising our hands in the air, as we pledged to reach our goal.

Yoongi POV

After taking a soothing shower, I threw myself onto my bed, expecting myself to fall asleep in two seconds as my head hit the soft fabric of the pillow. I didn't. I couldn't. Instead, tears, that rarely fell ever since childhood, voluntarily poured out in single file, landing onto the surface of the pillow. I lost my coolness, coldness and stubbornness. I became an emotional marshmallow. I began rapping random words, faster and faster as each word spilled through the opening of my mouth, hoping that it would tire me out. It didn't. My throat felt absolutely dry but my eyes continued doing the 'waterfall'. My vision was blurred by the reminiscence of Y/N's face; her scared expressions, the echoes of her pleading cries, and her joyful smiles which I hated the most but now...I needed it. I wanted to see it now, "I'm sorry Y/N...". For some unknown reason, my eyes felt heavy as I focused on Y/N's euphoric features and my tears froze from the closed doors.

Hoseok POV

I found myself in Y/N's room in the growing night. The moon made its presence as its luminous glow showered the walls and floors of the room, where the shadows loomed over me. "Y/N..." Her name naturally rolled off my tongue as the faint fragrance of her perfume lingered through my nose. I opened the drawer of the bedside table to find everything contained within the small basket to be related to us, BTS. In a small corner laid a tiny USB. I unconsciously plugged it into Y/N's laptop on her study desk which unexpectedly, didn't have a password. Multiple recordings of her singing and dancing bursted at the screen. As time passed, I breezed through video after video, savouring the authenticness in her voice, the grace within her dance moves, the beauty of her expressions, everything. I didn't even realise myself falling asleep, halfway through Y/N's soothing lullaby.

Namjoon POV

Everyone was sleeping while I continued to work and sort out our bustling schedule in my room. I ruffled my hair in frustration and fatigue while I stared at the piles of paper. My eyes naturally directed towards the window, displaying the quiet, calm beach where the stars reflected upon the clear waters, "Don't worry Y/N, we'll see each other. If your body hasn't been found...then you must be still out there. I know it. We know it. So...please come back soon." I saw a girl standing on the cliff, smiling at me with tears in her eyes, however, when I blinked... she disappeared...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

I hope you're finding this story entertaining! Thank you~ Happy Lunar New Year!

- Euphoria_Within