Chapter 23 - It's you

My hands were shaking as I tied the red ribbon around the decorative cellophane wrap, 'Concentrate Y/N!' I calmed myself down as I finalised the simple touches on the bouquet. I held it up as the light shining through the pale windows illuminated the detailed features of the florals in my hands, "It's done...and it's heavy!" I gently set it down as I couldn't trust my tired arms supporting such a massive weight, "Oh! I forgot the note!" My eyes followed a small card dominated by my handwriting, "Congratulations on making it this far. We're very proud of you. Continue working hard as we follow you in your footsteps. Fighting BTS! We love you! - Big Hit" I gently placed it, in the crowd of expensive florals, "I hope they like it..."

...

Today is the day. I found myself standing in front of a huge, HUGE, semi-circle building. Its name created a whole new atmosphere as the crowds of excited fans pushed against the closed doors, "Hmm...well...where am I supposed to go?" Before I decided to walk off on my own, I felt a tap on my shoulder...it was a security guard, "You must be the bouquet lady right?" He asked as he stared at the large box containing the bouquet with fragile written on all 6 sides, "Ah! Yes! May I ask where I am supposed to enter?" I asked while showing my ID, "Follow me please!" He said with a slight smile of welcome.

After walking around the entire dome, I finally arrived at a back door with a black van parked outside, 'This must be their car...' The security guard gave me clear instructions as this is where he could lead me to. As I went into the narrow hallway, I saw many of the staff bustling about, sweating, eyes darting around in panic and excessive shouting but I continued to my destination; BTS's backstage room. 

As I saw their group name on the door in front of me, I started sweating, 'Who knew I was going to meet celebrities this soon...' My damp knuckles met the door as I tapped on it. A panting lady came out and smiled instantly when she saw the box in my hands, "You must be Y/N! And this must be the bouquet! Thank you so much for the flowers! Come in!" I stepped in the room of clothes, makeup, and exhausted staff, "BTS has gone up stage so we're relaxing for now. I apologise for the mess. It looks like a mayhem." I placed the expensive bouquet on the dressing table, "No, no, I understand. They're celebrities after all."

The staff welcomed me to stay but after a few minutes, whispers were heard in the background as I saw some of them gossiping while looking at me, "Hey Y/N," one of them came up to me, "Yes, Unnie?" I stared at the lady who greeted me, "...Aren't you the girl who acted with BTS a few years ago?" ...My brain couldn't comprehend the strange words she projected, "What do you mean? I've never met BTS before..."

A confused tension filled the room as she went through her phone before displaying it in front of me, "This is you, right?" I saw myself posing in the centre of a group of boys and at the top presented the title, "❤XXX XXX XXX❤". I continued to stare at the image, baffled; it was me with BTS... "...No it can't be. I don't remember such things. You must have gotten the wrong person..." Unnie withdrew her phone from me, "I see. I'm sorry. You looked super identical...It's a pretty good movie though! You should watch it!" I nodded as the uncomfortable atmosphere calmed.

The staff began chatting about their busy life alongside with BTS, "Wow, you must all be very lucky to work with such successful people." One of the male hairstylists replied, "Of course! Though our schedules are always packed and when they went big overseas... Omg, they had become world-wide stars!" 

The door abruptly opened revealing one of the employees from the stage, "They're finally finished!" The entire room was filled with cheers as they waited for BTS to arrive. It was really late so I decided to hurry back home, "Well, I'll have to get going. Thank you all for welcoming me!" I bowed to the staff before leaving through the opened door. As I walked along the familiar hallway, voices were heard behind me. I turned my head around to just peek at what was happening and out of the corners of my eyes...I saw them.

My feet came to a halt but my back continued facing them while I observed them with my half-turned head. They were sweating, tired but appeared to be in absolute euphoria. I remembered them standing on the beach, crying...it was a complete contrast. My head started hurting a little but I continued to watch them, 'They're so good-looking...as always.' My heart was beating at a painful speed and my eyes inspected them, as if I had known them...forever. After what felt like an eternity, one of them looked my way, causing my eyes to water and I instantly reverted my head as I began walking again. The tears fell quick, 'Why am I crying?', and my head began pounding harder at the thought.

When I exited the building, my wobbling body couldn't function properly so I sat on a nearby metal bench. My thighs melted against the coolness of the steel as my breathing calmed. The pain soon subsided as I began strolling in the dark again until I saw the same black van driving past me, "*sigh* I should hurry home. It's been a weird day." My damp eyes gazed up at the starry sky as my feet below guided myself home.

When I arrived home, all the lights were turned off as my body was engulfed in darkness, 'Ajumma must already be sleeping.' I tiptoed to my room to collect my toiletries before taking a shower. The lukewarm water rained down my skin as I recalled what happened today. I was really puzzled by the fact that I had acted in a movie before, "I was human?" Nothing came to me as I tried reminiscing about my life, "Now that I think about it, what did happen before I lost my memories?" When I realised it, I quickly got dressed and soundlessly ran out of the store, towards the beach.

I blew into the shell Marina had given me and soon enough, I saw Marina sitting behind the rock, "Y/N! What's wrong?!" She quickly began rubbing her wet hands around my body to check for any injuries, "Haha! Nothing Marina! I'm doing fine...I just have to ask you something?" Marina calmed down as she waited for my question, "What happened before I lost my memories?" Marina's eyes went wide for a heartbeat before narrowing them, "...Did something happen?" I nodded a little, thinking of BTS, "Do you really want to know?" My eyes went wide, "So you knew what had happened to me!?" Marina shook her head slowly, "No, I don't know what happened to you but I will tell you this..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

❤Thank you for reading Chapter 23!❤

- Euphoria_Within