Chapter 28 - I'm coming home

(Play the music above if interested~)

My history came to me like a flipbook as I examined each event that I had remembered. (Song: I'm coming home by Skylar)

"And the blood will dry, Underneath my nails...And the wind will rise up, To fill my sails..." My voice drifted along the current of the night's zephyr as I felt the painful sensation of being hit, screamed at and bullied by my brothers. I had killed our mother. Father had also left us. I'm always making it up to BTS by following orders; cleaning, cooking, etc.

"So you can doubt, And you can hate...But I know, No matter what it takes..." I see myself in the school hallways being bullied by Jungkook but then a person defended as he stood in front of me, Hwanwoong, my only supportive friend at school.

"I'm coming home, I'm coming home, Tell the world I'm coming home...Let the rain, Wash away, All the pain of yesterday..." I found myself often bullied at school; in the cafeteria, in class, in the bathrooms, hallways, basically anywhere that I could be seen, but Hwanwoong was there to help.

"I know my kingdom awaits, And they've forgiven my mistakes...I'm coming home, I'm coming home, Tell the world I'm coming..." I find myself dancing with Hwanwoong at practice for a school festival. We ended up performing in front of the whole school. He even bought me a lot of stuff on special occasions. He even confessed but I...I rejected him.

"Still far away, From where I belong...But it's always darkest, Before the dawn..." I found myself standing in front of an acting class, observing a girl not too faraway, Jennie...my number one school bully, always seeking attention from my brothers.

"So you can doubt, And you can hate...But I know, No matter what it takes..." I'm dressed in cute clothing in front of a professional camera while I heard the director calling out instructions. We were filming the movie. As I remembered the last scene of the film where my brothers said 'love', tears welled in my eyes.

"I'm coming home, I'm coming home, Tell the world I'm coming home...Let the rain, Wash away, All the pain of yesterday..." I see my brothers standing in front of a grave; Mother's grave. Their tearful faces traumatically shocked the living soul out of me. I felt so guilty as my eyes fell upon my mother's portrait.

In the dark blanket of midnight, I saw the ocean in front of me as my feet grazed against the gritty sand. My eyes fell upon the cliff ahead as I walked towards it, "I know my kingdom awaits, And they've forgiven my mistakes...I'm coming home, I'm coming home, Tell the world I'm coming..." My imagination guided myself into my bedroom while I saw an envelope in my hand. The envelope revealed a photo of me staring at BTS from afar. I felt myself crying as the guilt overwhelmed my emotions. My hands started writing a letter and I placed it on the coffee table along with the photo.

I found myself at the top of the cliff as I observed the strong waves pulsing along the ocean surface, "I'm coming home, I'm coming home, Tell the world I'm coming home...Let the rain, Wash away, All the pain of yesterday..." Placing my birthday gifts in front of Hwanwoong's house remained only goodbye. My feet led me to the beach, to the edge of the cliff. I was prepared to die. My name was being called out behind me as I saw BTS and Hwanwoong running towards me, but I jumped. An obvious death wish that didn't come true as Marina saved me, turning me into a mermaid.

"Y/N!" I suddenly heard shouting behind me and I spun myself around, surprised, but what I saw caused me to smile, "I know my kingdom awaits, And they've forgiven my mistakes..." I saw them running towards me, in pyjamas, with their feet pushing against the rough sand, leaving a trail behind them; panting and sweating as they struggled to the top of the cliff, "I'm coming home, I'm coming home, Tell the world I'm coming... home..."