Chapter 26 - Say you won't let go

The kitchen was cosy yet spacious with white tiles and marble countertops, but the stench of instant noodles continued to linger. Jin opened the fridge, bringing out all sorts of fresh produce, 'How do you have so many fresh ingredients but still eat instant noodles?' I couldn't comprehend their situation. I was surprised at how quick I was at chopping and how I flipped the pan effortlessly. It was as if I had done it my entire life. During our small midnight meal, the atmosphere was calming and quiet, well, at least I hoped it would be. I felt tense at the fact of myself eating with 7 'strangers' at night. I couldn't even chew properly! I soon finished my meal while listening to Namjoon's recap of tomorrow's schedule, before letting out a tiny yawn, "Tired, Y/N?" Jin questioned as he looked into my fatigued eyes, "Yes..."

"I'll take her to her room then," Jin offered as he informed the others before taking my hand. I was brought into a dim hallway before my body gently torqued to the left as I was greeted by a tattered door, "This was your room..." My hands scraped against the dents along the door, "What happened...?" Jin didn't say anything as I, voluntarily, rotated the door knob with my body being enveloped into a small room; a small bed with a small bedside table, a decent wardrobe, and a narrow desk where you can easily see through the square window. My head suddenly spun with wild pressure and my body trembled until muscular arms supported my shoulders, preventing me from falling, "Y/N! Are you okay!?" I couldn't hear Jin's voice as I heard many others and saw totally different scenes, "B*tch!"... "Slut!" ... "I hate you!" I was being brutally beaten up but I couldn't see through those clouded faces. I blacked out.

...

"...My beautiful child...your brother can't wait to see you~" I heard a woman's voice but I couldn't see anything until I saw myself in a dark basement, "This is what you deserve b*tch!" I was being slapped and kicked until the scene shifted to a girl's bathroom, "Haha! BTS will love me when they see this!" I was soaked from head to toe. A pair of scissors were brought in front of my eyes, "No!!!" *gasp!* I jolted up from the intense horror, soon finding myself in an unfamiliar room, filled with morning light, and by my side was BTS, "You're awake! Are you alright, Y/N?" Hoseok anxiously asked while wiping off the sweat and tears from my face with a cold towel, "Yes, what happened?"

"You suddenly collapsed." Jin answered, "You were mumbling and fidgeting around, Y/N...You sure you're okay?". "Yes, it was just a nightmare...but it felt so real. I was being beaten up and it was dark and..." I couldn't focus as my inconsistent breathing made it really hard to talk. Hoseok pulled my head into his shoulder, gently caressing my disheveled hair, "You're okay, Y/N~We're here...There's no need to worry." I found myself in control of my body after a few moments before Hoseok slowly released me, making sure I was fully composed, "Thanks Hoseok..." He gleefully returned my gratitude with a genuine grin as he wiped off my remaining sweat. I could see the faint dark circles beneath all of the members narrowing eyes, struggling to stay awake, 'They must have stayed with me all night...' I questioned myself as I couldn't understand why I had tried to suicide from this peaceful human life, 'They're so nice...'

...

I had to go back to Ajumma's flower shop that afternoon which I had informed BTS about, before exchanging contact numbers with them. I still felt a bit uncomfortable calling them 'brothers' but they didn't mind. The walk to the store was surprisingly short since it was just a few streets apart. The cosy, fragrant shop felt a bit empty without Ajumma by my side, but I promised her to continue this business to the end.

A few hours later, I received a phone call from RBW, another entertainment company, wishing to place another extremely expensive bouquet order which was needed by their office, for an anniversary, "No problem. I'll make sure it's delivered before tomorrow night. Thank you!" I began doing intense research on my phone and scrolled through the group photos of the idols that were celebrating their anniversary tomorrow.

One of the members caught my eyes; His shining eyes lit up his entire face, causing my heart to skip a beat, "Hmm...his name is Yeo Hwanwoong." When I saw his name displayed on screen, my face felt hot and my vision blurred, "Woah!" I held onto the counter in front of me to prevent myself from collapsing as my breathing slowly stabled, "*sigh* let's get to work!"

...

After spending a night and day at my flower shop, I finally found myself standing in front of a tall building where its rows of glass were like layered icing, inside a cake. At the top of the building was its name, "RBW". I entered through the sliding doors to find a security guard waiting directly before me, "You're Y/N right? Bouquet girl?" I nodded as I proudly presented the bouquet and my ID, "Right this way, please." The narrow hallway was occupied with doors and doors and doors, leading to practice rooms, recording areas, offices etc. I was guided to a practice room where many of the staff had prepared balloons with the idols' faces, gifts and a small cake, "Thank you for the bouquet! You should join the party!" One of the staff members collected the cluster of flowers from my hands while inviting me to participate as they offered a cup of coffee to me.

I stood in the dark corner as we waited in the pitch black room for the idols to arrive. *Creak* "Surprise! Happy Anniversary!" The room was showered in lights and confetti as the group walked in, clearly shocked. They started bowing over and over again as they received many gifts and affection, but my eyes focused on the one person; Hwanwoong. I stayed in the corner behind everyone else to avoid attention while taking small sips of my beverage.

Cake was served, the reminiscence of past memories surfaced and everyone enjoyed the small celebration. "Dance Hwanwoong! Dance!" Some of the staff started chanting for Hwanwoong as they urged him to perform since he is the group's best dancer. "Okay! Okay! ... ....I'll do a romantic choreography! Xion! Partner with me! It's your birthday soon anyways!" He agreed while calling out to the maknae of the group, "*sigh* Do I have to...?" Xion pouted with slightly red cheeks, awkward from the direct attention he had, while Hwanwoong nodded. (Song/Choreography: Say You Won't Let Go - James Arthur / May J Lee & Bongyoung Park Choreography)

When Hwanwoong started dancing, his arms playfully wrapped around Xion's body, my vision began to blur until I saw another forgotten memory. I saw Hwanwoong in front of me as his warmth pressed against my body. We were performing in front of many students, 'Am I at school...?' My eyes cleared as I returned to the comfort of the corner while my attention returned to the dance, pondering, 'Who are you...?' As Hwanwoong hugged Xion from behind, his eyes lifted slightly, enough to look directly into my eyes and in a heartbeat, they flooded with shock and disbelief as it widened by the second before returning their attention to the choreography. 'I should go...' Detecting a quivering vibe, I slithered out of the room and briskly paced down the hallway.

I heard a fast, heavy crushing of the ground behind me, "Y/N..." Hwanwoong's voice interrupted my footsteps while his hand caught onto my wrist. I turned my head, causing his eyes to narrow and brows to furrow, "It really is you..." but... I tilted my head and blinked a few times, "You're Hwanwoong right? Congratulations on your anniversary! The staff is very proud of you!"

His grip tightened as his gaze wavered, "...Don't tell me you have forgotten about me?" My apologetic stare surfaced to my eyes, "...I'm sorry...I don't think I know you personally. I'm sure we've never met before." His mouth began to tremble while wringing his hands as he tried to find the right words to say until, "Hwanwoong!" One of the staff called out to him, "What are you doing!? You can't just leave like that! Come on!" The staff member eyed me before pulling Hwanwoong away from my sight.

...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

Hope you all enjoyed Chapter 26! Have you watched BTS's newly released 'ON'? It's amazing! 

- Euphoria_Within