Chapter 39 - Arsenic Poisoning

Third person POV

BTS went over the plan again and again. Their father was completely isolated with ocean water and no one was there to accompany him. How hard could it be?

Once he falls into their arms, the police should arrive just in time to arrest him.

Each member was nervous since they had never done such a thing but they had to, for their mother and Y/N. After years worth of training, they'd finally put it to rest. "Everything's going to turn out well right?" Jungkook asked. Namjoon, Hoseok and Jimin, who were with him, reassured him that everything was going to be alright.

Soon, they met Charlie who was waiting for them in front of his helicopter, "Thank you so much Charlie for helping us.". Namjoon said, very grateful for his assistance. Charlie grinned, "Anything for my hard workers! But remember, I can't land if you don't want to raise suspicion so...you're going to have to jump off. The police should be with you after that.". They understood his instructions clearly, "Get prepping boys!". 

The idols began to strip, revealing the black clothing concealed underneath and Charlie began handing out parachutes as the idols equipped onto them with other gadgets.

...

"We're nearly there! Get ready!" The idols prepared to jump off. Most of them were scared but they were determined to get done with this. There was no time for scaredy cats. "Good luck boys. I'll be waiting for the good news!". The idols nodded at Charlie's words, "And...go!!". Holding each others' hands, they became one with the sky, screaming, "Aaaaaahhh!!!". Hoseok had to be the loudest.

As the island expanded in size, they spread their parachutes out while fluttering down onto the crystal sand. "I hope we were out of his view." Jimin stated. "That bastard couldn't have. I researched in detail." Yoongi opposed. "Hurry up now! Let's get going!" Taehyung exclaimed. Closing in on a decent-looking house, definitely belonging to their father, they landed on the roof as they entered the attic through an open window. They immediately found several cracks on the floor, revealing the living room below. "Do you see anything?" Hoseok questioned, looking through a hole.

Namjoon's eyes narrowed, taking out the gun attached to his belt, "He's in the kitchen."

Through the holes in the floor, the idols saw their father in the kitchen, right beside the living room. It looked like he was preparing tea...for two. "Why is he... Is someone visiting him?", Namjoon blurted in confusion. Yoongi immediately tapped into his watch, "No. No one should be coming. So...why...?". They observed him longer. The old man opened a pill bottle and poured out some type of white powder into one of the cups. "Did you see that?", Jungkook asked. The others nodded. "Wait, that's...arsenic.", specialised in the training of poisons, Jin immediately named the poison from afar.

"He's going to poison someone?", Jungkook said again in confusion. They waited a bit longer for the right moment.

Namjoon furrowed his brows, "It's time boys.". The others straightened, pulling out their guns, ready to break through the floor, "We're ready.". Receiving confirmation from everyone, Namjoon began counting down. Everything will soon end and they'd return to a happy life, "Three, two, on-".

"Pardon my intrusion~", A sweet voice interrupted the intense atmosphere, causing the idols to widen their eyes in surprise as they stared at each other. They crouched down again to peek through the holes in the floor and their mouths gawked in shock at the unexpected guest.

"Ah! You're here!". Their father walked out from the kitchen, greeting the angelic voice, "N-nice to see you...f-father."

'Y-Y/N?!'

Y/N POV

*badump*badump*badump

"Calm down Y/N. They're your brothers. This is...forbidden love and now is not the time to think. You must get going now." Trying to relax through self-talk, I went to my room to take out my suitcase. Father had assigned an escort to bring me to the island since the only way to the island was by helicopter.

I waited outside with my small suitcase and soon, saw a cool black car parked in front of me, "You're Miss Y/N?". My escort came out of the driver's seat. He wore a suit and a pair of sunglasses. His hair had been gelled up. '...He looks familiar and his voice too.'. I smiled, "Yes, you must be my escort!". He lifted my suitcase and opened the door of the passenger's seat, "T-thank you.".

The drive was silent. I stole looks at him, trying to figure out who he was. "A-aren't you cold? You're only wearing a suit.". No answer. "Umm...Is my father doing well?". No answer. I gave up asking more questions until, "We've arrived, Miss Y/N.". I looked at him, 'This guy is like a robot.'. I saw a helicopter waiting right in front of us and soon, we were up in the air, "The view is amazing~".

I looked back at the guy, 'He can fly a helicopter too. He is seriously a robot.'. As we left the winter of Korea, I saw the deep cerulean ocean. "Woah~the ocean looks so majestic." I admired my aquatic home from above, reminiscing the past, 'But underneath the water looks so much better.'

We arrived on the island as the feet of the helicopter met the sand. The mysterious escort led me to a nice modern house in the middle of nowhere, 'This looks like a holiday house. How pretty~'. "Miss Y/N, I can only guide you till here. Please make your way up the stairs and enter through the door.". I smiled while taking my suitcase, "Thank you."

With every step up the stairs, my heart raced, 'I'll be meeting father'.

I knocked on the door and pushed it open, "Excuse my intrusion.". I was met by an expensive-looking living room. A man suddenly came out from a room and greeted me, "Ah! You're here!". My breath hitched at the sight of him, "N-nice to see you...f-father."

He gestured for me to come forwards, "Come, come, sit down. Just leave your suitcase." I was guided to the soft leather black couch, "How have you been Y/N?". I smiled awkwardly, "G-good. How about you?". He nodded, "I've been good. How are your brothers?", he asked again. "They're good too!". Suddenly, I heard a squeaking sound of a kettle, "Oh! Tea's ready!". He immediately bolted to the kitchen. I looked around at the intricate details of the house, 'What a nice building...'

"Here you go." Father came out with gorgeous teacups, settling it on the coffee table, "Thank you!". He looked at me, stern in the face, "Are they treating you well? I know...they are blaming you for your mother's death". I pulled a slight smile, "They are really nice now...I'm so sorry, father.". He shook his head, "Have they told you?". 

I lifted the teacup from my saucer, gradually bringing it to my lips but stopped, "What?". He waited for me to take a sip but furrowed his brows when he realised I had stopped, "...That you're adopted."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

♥ ♥ ♥ I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter~ ♥ ♥ ♥

- Euphoria_Within