Chapter 24 - Until the day I die

Marina told me how she saved me from my suicidal attempt, how she transformed me into a mermaid, how I already sacrificed myself when I drank the potion, but she didn't know about my human life at all, "When I saw the boys crying and calling out your name on shore...I thought they were your brothers...but I can't be certain." I dropped to my weakened knees, "So my name is Y/N... and I was originally... human?" Marina nodded, "Since you sacrificed your memories, you have to be the one to get them back yourself...Sorry Y/N, I can't help you much." I shook my head as I smiled at her, "No, you've done more than enough, Marina. Thank you for telling me, even though I told you to not! I'll handle the rest myself!"

Hoseok POV

We finished our concert and walked back to our backstage room, "J-HOOOOOOOOPE!" Jimin came up behind me as he wrapped his small muscular arm around my neck, pulling me down to his height, "That was awesome! Wasn't it?" I giggled, "Haha! Of course it was! I love Army so much!" The group began chatting together until I noticed a girl standing not too far away from us. I caught a glimpse of her eyes before she turned and left, "...Isn't that..." Before I could run up to her, I was dragged into the room by Jimin, who clearly wasn't aware of what I just saw.

Cheers filled the room as the entire staff began clapping, "Well done BTS! You've done it again!" The tired staff began to strip us clean of makeup, to ordinary clothes, "By the way boys! This bouquet is for you! We hope you like it!" One of our stylists mentioned as our eyes directed towards the colourful bunch of flowers, laid in his hands, "Thank you!" We replied together while accepting it with honour before leaving the room. Jin held onto the heavy-looking bouquet as we made our way to our manager's van, "Hey guys... look at this..." Jin took out the delicate card placed on top of the bouquet, "...No...Impossible...it's...Y/N's writing..." Namjoon hands started shaking as he read the aromatic card, "Y/N's here?"

"Um...guys..." I called out to the members as their attention shifted towards me, "...I think I saw Y/N earlier...but I don't know if it was her! I wasn't paying much attention since she left instantly!" Our eyes locked together, immediately understanding each other before running back to our backstage room. Our manager was shouting at us but we kept running until we saw one of the female stylists, "Noona!" Her body jolted from the sudden startle, "Who arranged this bouquet?" Her eyes directed towards the flowers in Jin's arms, "Oh! They were specially ordered for you by the CEO! I think the designer's name was...Y/N!" We froze at the name while she continued talking, "It's a really lovely bunch, isn't it? The girl herself was also very pretty! She looked exactly like the girl who acted with you guys a few years ago!" We stood still for a long while causing Noona to awkwardly panic but we regained our posture, "Thank you Noona! Have a goodnight!" and just like that, we were in the car.

"She's here, right?" Jin asked as his eyes never left the flowers but no one replied. I plopped my cheek on my hand while my elbow positioned itself on the edge of the window, until I saw her... "Guys! Look!" We stared at the girl waiting for our vehicle to pass, "...Y/N!" Her face... body... everything was the same but more...womanly? "Manager! Stop the car!" Our manager suddenly raged, "Boys! I don't know why you're all excited but I'm really tired! And you have a busy schedule tomorrow! I'm sending you home right now!" Our guilty backs pressed against our seats, while our fists clenched against our thighs as we could only watch Y/N's silhouette shrink further away.

Y/N POV

I woke up to the sound of a loud thud downstairs and immediately, I found myself dashing down the stairs to find Ajumma's face planted on the floor, "Ajumma! Omg! What happened!?" In a heartbeat, I found myself sitting next to the unconscious woman on the ambulance with tears streaming down my face, "She'll be okay, Miss." One of the paramedics reassured my anxious blood as I slowly calmed down. Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours as I sat on the hospital chair in the waiting room, "Miss Y/N..." As my heavy eyelids were about to close, the doctor responsible of Ajumma came out, "Doctor! Is she okay?! Can I see her?!" The doctor patted my shoulder, "Don't worry Miss, she's fine but considering her condition, she's getting more ill by day so I suggest she stays here until it's not threatening." The doctor guides me to Ajumma's room as she described the details, "I understand."

I saw Ajumma's pale face as soon as I walked into her room. The beeping of the heart monitor, the needles pinned into her skin to let the medicinal liquids flow into her veins, the excruciating expression she had on her face... it was all terrifying. "Ajumma..." Droplets began to fall off my face as I held onto her fragile, wrinkly hand. Her eyes gradually opened when she heard my voice, "Y-Y/N..." I smiled as she said my name, "*sigh* I'm old. I have weak body. I think my time is ending soon. Y/N...when I'm gone," I squeezed her hand, "Don't say that, Ajumma" She shook her head, "No listen. When I'm gone...I want you to do whatever what you want to do. Close down the store, go live your life." I shook my head vigorously at her request, "Never Ajumma! I'll stay with you and the store until the day I die!" She weakly smiled, "Thank you Y/N...But I'm just saying...When you want to close it, close it," My grip tightened, "You're really like a granddaughter... a really special one, like my favourite stargazer lilies..."

...

I hated this. My eyes fell on the name engraved onto the grey headstone. In front, I laid a cluster of stargazer lilies filled with my love and tears, "Ajumma...rest well..." Her picture at the top of the stone didn't move as she silently smiled at me. I left as the sun began setting over the far horizon. It has only been two weeks until Ajumma's heart gave out the last beat. The store was in total despair and silence as the flowers cried their invisible tears from their owner's loss. I tossed off my funeral wear and placed on the same dress I had worn when I became human, "I'll go for a walk."

I soon found myself sitting along the cliff of the beach gazing at the starry night sky, reminiscing about the past hectic moments after I had become human. I, now, truly didn't know where I belonged. My heart felt tight, forcing me to release my inner feelings, but I didn't know how to...my mouth moved on its own. (Song: Nobody can hear you by ALIUS)

(Play the music above if interested~)

"You showed me you weren't just another open door...You showed me I could give back then you took it all..." My voice echoed in the silent night as the stars and the moon became my only audience.

"You spent too long hiding frozen always afraid...I'd rather be alone, alone..." The gentle wind removed wisps of hair from my face as it pushed them back, revealing my damp cheeks.

"No more crying from the bedroom, no more empty bottle sipping down with booze...cause nobody can hear you, oh, nobody can hear you, oh..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my dear readers,

Thank you all for reading up until now. I really appreciate it! Keeps me absolutely motivated! Saranghae~~❤❤❤

- Euphoria_Within