Chapter 20 - Sea

- 4 Years Later -

I stared into nothing while sitting on the lonely couch, "*sigh* There's nothing to do~" Marina went out to forage for some ingredients for her next potion, "You know what... I'll go out too~" Marina had always prohibited me from going out since: 1. It was dangerous and 2. I still don't have my memories, so I have to stay in to keep safe but...what could possibly go wrong? I swam out of the cave and into the unknown. Beautiful corals of various colours with unique fish of different species created an entrancing scenery, "*gasp* This is amazing!" I wondered how long I have been staying in the cave, but I bet it was pretty long.

I stayed low on the ocean floor as my fingers twirled through along the textured surfaces of corals and the scaly skin of fishes that swan closely through. The feeling of fresh water sweeping past my figure as I swan through it in twists and turns. I felt free, even though Marina never really held me captive, it was entirely better than staying in the cave with eternal dullness.

When I looked up, I saw a glowing yellow ball, "Hmm...what's that?" I started swimming upwards until I remembered Marina's words, "Y/N, I can't let you go out, you can't remember anything and it's dangerous, especially the surface, you can never go up there!" I stopped for a moment before hesitantly forcing my body nearer to the yellow light, "It couldn't be that bad, could it?" I got closer and closer until my head burst out of the water and my eyes were blinded by the intense glare of the glowing ball, "Wah!". 

When my eyes adjusted to the brightness, I saw a completely different world. A glowing yellow ball in the middle of a...floating blue ocean? And a few metres away, was a heaven above the water. I swam closer to it and jumped onto a rock while viewing the scenery before me, "This is beautiful... ... ...aah!" My tail was pulled and immediately, I was forced back into the water.

"What are you doing, you clownfish?!" Marina shouted, clearly mad. "I was bored so I went out and I was interested in the yellow ball and then I saw this and...and...um...yeah..." Marina sighed as I tried to explain the situation, "Never do that again! You scared the foam out of me! What would happen if someone sees you?!" I looked at her puzzled, "What do you mean if someone sees you? There's only us." She face-palmed as I stated my perspective, "Humans! You barnacle!" I pouted at her, "Hey! Don't call me a barnacle! But...what are humans?" Marina hesitated a bit, "U-uh...*sigh* Looks like you're ready enough to know now. Come with me." I followed Marina up to the surface as we hid behind a gigantic rock.

"Okay Y/N this is a rock...it's hard, strong..." I gave her the 'Do you think I'm that dumb?' look and she started laughing, "Okay, okay I'm joking." Before she laughed anymore, I playfully slapped her shoulder, "Haha! Okay so humans are like us, except they don't have tails and they can't breathe underwater. They have two sticks they walk on called 'legs' so that's probably the main difference. And! They wear things called clothes to cover their bodies, like how we use shells to cover our boobies." I looked at her puzzled again, "How do you know all this?" She shrugged, "I studied. I could lend some of my collected information to you if you like." I smiled before listening intently to Marina's 'human education'.

"Oh! Someone's coming!" I squealed as I saw a human coming out. "Stay behind the rock Y/N!" I poked my head out while still keeping in hiding as I saw 7 rather handsome men appear along the ocean water. My head started throbbing a little as I saw them standing together, flowers in hand, 'Ow...why is my head hurting?' Despite the pain, I continued observing the people, until I heard, "Y/N~How are you doing? We're doing fine but we really miss you~" Warm droplets of silent water streamed down their faces as they quietly stared at the water, "Please come home..." My heart started beating faster and faster, and unintentionally, tears began to fall from my eyes, 'Huh? Why am I crying?'

(Play the song above if interested~)

They began singing, (Song: Sea by BTS). Their voices harmonised with the melodies of the waves as if they had become one with the ocean. The further they sung, the quicker my heart throbbed as their tender words struck through it, like needles. I didn't know if Marina noticed, but I quickly wiped the salty droplets before looking out again, "Hey Marina, Why are they calling out my name?" Marina didn't know but I could see her melancholy eyes as she gazed at the boys, "Let's go Y/N, we've been here long enough." Marina dived into the water, but I stared at the men one last time before following behind.

"You know Y/N, there are many people and fishes with identical names, so they may be calling out to someone else and besides... you don't know if your name is really Y/N." Marina mentioned as we arrived home. "Mmhm..." I half-heartedly replied as my mind was occupied with thoughts of the human world. "*sigh* Wait for a moment. Since you appear extremely interested in humans, I'll find some materials, I had collected before, for you to read."

She disappeared into her room before emerging from the door with a thick pile of large stacked shells. I closely inspected to find them having words carved into their hard interiors; all containing data on humans and their life, "Woah! Did you write this all yourself!" She confidently nodded as she proudly presented them to me, "Don't mess them up! They're all in order! Like a book!" I smirked at Marina's stressed face, "Don't worry, Marina~ I know what a book is!".

"*sigh* Anyways Y/N, you stay out of trouble and just read these. I'm going to make my potion now." I slightly nodded as she entered her enchanted room. The moment she closed the door, I swam, faster than a shark could, ditching the pile of information, Marina worked hard on, "Sorry, Marina...". I found myself back at the beach, behind the solid, damp rock. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Fellow Readers!

Thank you so much for reading! 

- Euphoria_Within