Chapter 4 - Heart Locket

The car was only a few metres away but it closed the gap between us at a rapid speed. I turned my head to face the ground as I shut my eyes tight and my muscles tensed up as I braced for the impact. The shrieking of car tires scratching against the surface stopped and... I didn't feel anything. "Are you okay?!" My eyes opened wide in disbelief. I didn't dare to turn my head but from the corners of my eyes, I saw the bumper was only a few centimetres away from my body. 'This voice...Oh no...' I began running, not looking back at the car or the people in it. "Hey, wait!" The person shouted out as the sound of a car door opening indicated that they came out of the car. Luckily, I was wearing dark clothing therefore I could camouflage better with the night and just like that, I disappeared back to where I came from.

I shut the main door tight and ran to my bedroom, taking off the hoodie and throwing it in a corner as I hauled my bed sheet over my head. My heart was beating like crazy as I saw lights breaking through the gaps of my window curtains and disappearing after the sound of a car engine stopped running. I heard several voices at the front of the house. 'They're home...' The sound of a door opening and closing echoed through the house while footsteps were heard all over the living room. *Click* My bedroom door opened and the light from the living room broke through the crack, illuminating the entrance of my room. I can feel the vibration of someone's feet hitting against the ground as they walk over to me. *Badum*Badum It was so quiet that I was petrified they would hear my heart beating rapidly. "Tsk! When are you going to disappear from my sight?" The person annoyingly whispered under his breath. "Hurry Hoseok, come and eat dinner!" Hoseok didn't move for some time before walking out the door. My lips quivered, "S-soon..." I muttered while closing my eyes and listening to the noises of snapping chopsticks and clinking bowls.

??? POV

We finished changing our outfits after ending the stage majestically. Jin started the car and I sat next to him while the others stayed in the back. Everyone was tired, but satisfied that the concert ended well. Yoongi was sleeping, like always. Hoseok was smiling from side to side as he gazed out the window. Namjoon was doing something on his phone, probably posting about tonight and reading comments. Taehyung was listening to music on his phone through his headphones. Jimin was intensely watching his recorded dance choreography and lightly moving his body in sync with the music. I was helping Jin watch the road and having a conversation with him to prevent him from sleeping.

I let the window down since it was getting warm and felt the refreshing breeze caressing my cheeks. "...pirouette... dark... see... stars through me..." I suddenly heard a girl's voice singing. It was faint but I could hear the pain she was conveying and it tugged against my heartstrings. "Hey, guys...Do you hear that?" I asked the others as I glimpsed out of the window. "What?" They responded while looking at me with questionable expressions, except for Yoongi, who's still sleeping. "A girl singing." Everyone went silent as they listened for the voice, "...tired... heart... beats... song disappears..." They all agreed with me when they heard it. I stared at the clear windscreen, 'Where is it coming from?' I wondered until I saw a dark silhouette in the middle of the road. We approached the figure before I noticed it was a person! "Jin! Stop the car!" Jin slammed on the brakes and the horn button as soon as I called out to him. As we got closer, the person lifted their head but the hood covered their face, so I couldn't identify the person. I could see tears falling from their jawline and a plaid skirt was worn, 'It's a girl!'. The skirt looked very familiar but I was more worried about the girl who wasn't moving at all. "Crap!" Jin was sweating from the situation while the others and I could only watch in fear and Yoongi woke up from the sudden movement, "What are you doi-" he stopped speaking when he realised what was happening.

The girl's head casted downwards as I saw her hands clenched into fists and her shoulders tensing up. 'No!' My voice evaporated from my body like steam as I could only scream through my heart, 'Move!'. ...The car came to a halt and we all breathed a sigh of relief. I automatically pushed my head out the window, "Are you okay?!". She stood there for a few milliseconds before bolting away. "Hey, Wait!" I got out the car and saw something flying out from her pocket. I ran to pick it up but once I stood up, she had already disappeared. I looked at the item in my hand... It was a gold heart-shaped locket with the phrase, "My Family", carved on it. I opened the locket and my eyes widened. "Hey, Jungkook, let's hurry home. The girl has gone now." Jin called out from the car. I put the locket in my pocket before walking back into the passenger's seat. "Man, that really scared me! I thought we were about to kill someone!" Taehyung exclaimed.

We finally arrived home and though we had a tiring day, everyone was absolutely awake due to the close incident so we decided to have dinner. I went to the kitchen with Jin and saw the wrapped dishes on the table and warm rice in the rice cooker. I distributed the rice evenly into 7 different bowls and glanced behind me to see Hoseok walking into Y/N's room. We all sat down and waited for him to come out. "Hurry Hoseok, come and eat dinner!" Jimin impatiently shouted. He sat down once he walked out of the room and we all tucked in the food. After dinner, we all took turns to shower. We had 4 bathrooms so Jin and the rap line went first while the rest of the us stayed on the couch, playing on our phones. I suddenly remembered the dropped locket and asked Jimin about it. He examined it with the photo inside very carefully and concluded, "If she was wearing the same skirt from our school, then she could just be an Army that goes to the same school as us." I disagreed with his idea because... this photo of us, as children, was taken when mother was still alive...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers, 

Thanks you so much for reading Chapter 4. I hope I'm not boring you, but if I am, please tell me so I can hype it up a bit since I'm still a beginner writer... :)

I wish everyone  a special Merry Christmas and a wonderful, spectacular holiday. 

- Euphoria_Within