Chapter 44 - A Dark Hallway and A Dance

From the entryway, I saw my brothers surrounding the coffee table, some on the couch, some on the floor. At the sound of the door closing, their eyes turned towards me and froze. I giggled, "Why are you looking at me like that?". At my voice, they ran towards me, "Y/N!!" and tightly hugged my tiny figure, "I'm home~". My heart raced in their warm embrace.

"Why are you here?!" Jin asked, worried like a mother. "The doctor said I could come home." I replied.

"You came home by yourself?!" Jimin questioned. I shook my head, "Jennie sent me.". They sighed a breath of relief, "Looks like you're friends now.". I nodded, smiling brightly. "Are those from her as well?", Jungkook asked as he pointed at the bags of stuff and the bouquet in hand. "Oh! These are from her and Hwanwoong~but that's not important! I'm here now and I have a lot of questions that need solutions.", I placed my stuff in my room before skipping back out towards the living room.

Sitting on the couch, they explained everything; how father called them in the morning when I jumped off the cliff, how they knew I was adopted, how father killed mother, how they had been training and searching for him for years, and how they were extremely happy to have finally found me.

"Thanks for telling me, brothers...", I hesitated, "Y-you don't hate me right? Mother's not here and now father's gone...". They shook their heads, "We never saw him as a father. Having him gone is a relief and we said so already; mother's departure was never your fault.". I looked down in guilt. My fingers fidgeted, "T-then, d-do you still want me to call your brothers or...?". They grinned, "Whatever you want, Y/N. We don't mind.". I thought for a moment, "Then, I'll call you Oppas more often!". They flinched at my words, "S-sure." I cheered as I threw my arms in the air.

"Y/N, could you actually tell us where you were for the last couple of years?", I contracted my arms back down as my eyes lowered, "I told you, didn't I? Someone took care of me.". Namjoon asked again, "Who though? We still need to thank her.". I smiled, "It's okay. I told her already. She says no problem.". They smiled as I continued in a weak tone, "Besides...she isn't here anymore.". I clutched onto the shell on my neck. "...Y/N?", Taehyung called out to me, anxiously. I shook my head, "Nothing."

We went silent for a moment until Hoseok opened his mouth, "Oh yeah, Y/N, when you were still unconscious, your friend, Marina, came to visit you but she vanished. Have you been in contact with her?". I jolted at her name. My grip toughened around the necklace, "N-no I haven't seen her yet. I'll check on her later.". He nodded at my response.

"...Well, everything's out then.", I clapped my hands together as we wrapped up our serious talk session,"Thank you for understanding, Y/N.". My lips curled upwards, "... ... ...I'll need to look for a place to stay then, won't I?". They froze as I wondered, 'I can't stay here since I'm not in any close relation with them and it may be awkward for them but I don't want to stay in the flower shop since I work there. Hmm...I'll need to check the area for any availab-'

"Y/N!!", BTS screamed, startling the bejeebers out of me, "What!? What happened?!". I looked around to check my surroundings. "Stay with us!", I stiffened, staring at them. Standing in a line, they looked serious, "Stay with us, Y/N. It doesn't matter if we aren't related.". I teared up, "Thank you, Oppas! Please take good care of me!" They grinned, "Likewise~".

...

After talking for a while, dinner time was nearing. Everyone left in a happy mood and I walked down the hallway, leading to my bedroom, 'We should put some lights in this hallway...It's always so dark...'.

"Y/N...", someone suddenly called out and I immediately turned around, "Namjoon! What is it?". He stopped in front of me, "Tell me the truth next time. I was really shocked when I saw you with father.". I lowered my head in guilt, "I understand. I'm very sorry for causing trouble, Namjoon.". He faintly smiled, "No...don't worry. More importantly,", I raised my head to look at him, "Do you remember the morning where it was only me and you in the kitchen?". I blushed remembering that day clearly, "Y-yeah, why?". He stared at me, passionately, "I wanted to tell you something.". I tilted my head, "What?".

He suddenly held my chin with his slender fingers, "I love you, Y/N.". *badump, My heart skipped a beat and my surroundings sprouted out cherry blossoms. The pink petals twirled around us, "I-I love you too~". Namjoon narrowed his eyes, "I don't mean as siblings. You can still look at us as brothers but... I can't see you as my sister.". He pulled me in closer by his free hand on my waist, "Will you love me as your man, Y/N?" Namjoon asked.

"Namjoon, I-" He cut me off as he planted his lips on mine. My eyes widened in shock, 'W-what's happening?'. It was gentle as we merged through the delicate connection of sweetness. He slowly parted, eyes locked on my dazed self, "...I'll wait for your answer, my little lamb~.". My face burned in the darkness as Namjoon's figure slowly faded into the distance, 'My answer?". My fingers grazed my fiery lips, '...so soft.'.

My heart raced at unimaginable speed. 'I-I love him too... ... ...Wait...This is wrong.', I worried. It was already hard keeping my relationship with BTS a secret from the presence of the public, 'I can't ruin their career.'. Forcing myself to forget everything, I stormed into my bedroom. My heart stung with immense pain as the warmth of Namjoon's lips remained, 'I can't...'

"Y/N~~" Hoseok's voice ran through the barriers of the door, "C-coming!". At the swing of the door, Hoseok pushed his way through, throwing himself at me to the floor. "W-wah! H-hoseok?!". He lifted his face to look at me, "A-ah. Sorry Y/N~ I got excited. You aren't hurt, right?". I giggled, "No. I'm right as rain!". His eyes glistened, "Then...", He stood up, and bowed, extending his arm out. "Could we dance for a while, just for fun?".

I placed my hand on his, "Why not?". He instantly pulled me up and music randomly began playing. Hoseok chuckled at my confused reaction, "Oppa! How are you doing that?". He winked, "My secret~~". The music reminded me of the formal scene in our drama, "Eh? This isn't your typical type of music.". He grinned, "I actually wanted to reenact our ballroom scene~~". My brows raised, "Hmm~Sure!".

"Sunshine~you're absolutely dashing~", Hoseok started, wrapping his arms around my waist. My arms anchored around his neck as we swayed to the music, "Thank you Hoseok, you do too~but why did you just take me away from Yoongi?". He tapped his nose onto mine, "Because I want to be with my sunshine~".

*badump*badump, 'Ah...too close.'. I smiled, "I-i'm always hopeless when it comes to you.". He lowered his eyes, "Then...be hopeless...only to me...". His low voice startled me, "H-hoseok?". His embrace tightened, "I heard your interaction with Namjoon.". I jolted and averted my eyes, "U-uh...t-that was...".

"Do you love me, Y/N?". From the sudden question, I immediately returned my gaze at him, "Of course!". He smirked, "I mean it by the same way Namjoon said it.". I stiffened, my arms loosening around his neck. "I love you Y/N, but... I'm getting impatient.". His lips found its position on mine. An electrifying tingle shot down my spine until he released. "Choose me as your man.", he whispered before leaving the room, the music fading away gradually.

My legs weakened as I tumbled to the floor on my knees.

'W-what do I do?'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter~~ ♥ ♥ ♥

-Euphoria_Within