Chapter 50 - I Love You

"Finished!", I cheered as the others collapsed to the floor. "Sorry Y/N. We never realised you were this busy.". I laughed it off as I began to tidy the place, "No worries! You can go home now. I appreciate the help today.". 

They shook their heads, "No Y/N! We want to stay with you!". I flinched at their determination and began to sweat, "S-seriously Oppas. G-go home.". They went silent, "...Okay Y/N.". I wasn't looking at them but I heard the distinct whispers of pain as their heavy feet left the store.

"Ah...I've upset them...". I continued cleaning in guilt as I thought of their agonising tones. "See you tomorrow everyone~", I whispered a sweet goodbye to the store as I switched off the lights. The warm light of the setting sun shined through the windows, putting the spotlight on a specific bundle of flowers. 

My attention was brought to a blossom of stargazer lilies. I caressed its silky petals, "Ajumma...if you can hear me...I want to apologise because...I might not be able to take care of this store as often...I want to pursue my dream of becoming an idol...I broke my promise...forgive me...".

Closing my eyes, I lightly kissed a petal. I felt a hand on my head, "...It's okay Y/N~ Go for it. I love you.". My eyes shot wide open and I immediately straightened up but saw nothing. I stared at the flowers before me, "T-that was Ajumma, right?"

The wind, coming through the open door, brushed against them and they swayed, as if they were nodding. I smiled, "...Thank you Ajumma...I love you too."

I left the store, feeling warm but still guilty at what I'd done earlier, "I didn't mean to sound rude...". I decided to cool off at the beach. The sound of my shoes clicking on the cement pavement echoed in the evening. The roads were empty as everyone began heading home. It was calm but I suddenly felt uneasy, as if someone was following me so I turned around.

No one was there, 'Hmm?'. I began walking again and the uneasiness didn't settle. I turned again but didn't see anyone. I trembled, "W-whoevers there, come out.". I waited for a few seconds and out of the shadows of the trees, one by one, BTS emerged from their hiding spots. 

"O-o-oppas! I thought you went home.", I said in a panic, averting my gaze to the concrete road beside me. "Well, we didn't.", Taehyung said. "Ah hahaha, I-I can see...Y-you should go home. I'm going to w-walk around for a bit.".

I began walking away from them but, "Wait, Y/N!". Jimin held onto my wrist, pulling me back, "You've been avoiding us lately.". Startled, my mind went hazy, "E-eh? A-a-avoiding? No, no, no...I-I'm just busy...ah hahaha...". 

I shook his hand off as I began to briskly walk away. "Y/N!", They began following me. "P-p-please leave me a-alone, Oppas." I said, quickening my speed. "No! Please talk to us, Y/N. What's wrong?", Jin asked worriedly.

"N-nothing's wrong. Everything's right as rain." I replied. "It doesn't seem that way." Hoseok said in a heartbeat. "R-really. Everything's fine." I said once again. "Then look at us.", he ordered. I swung my head back slightly and caught a glimpse of them; they looked confused and flustered. *badump*badump I turned my head back as my right hand touched my cheek, 'I'm burning...'.

"T-there. I d-did. Now p-please leave...", I pleaded as my feet touched something soft — sand, 'Oh! I'm here already.'. I saw the glistening ocean before me; the sun was waving farewell as it set behind the horizon. "Y/N...talk to us.", Yoongi said as they continued to follow me. 

My feet were still a few metres away from the majestic waters when I stopped. I felt embarrassed. My heart was beating at the speed of lightning. I knew I was red, like a tomato, but I turned to face them, "S-sorry, I-I don't know what's wrong with me...".

"Y/N..." The sweet tones that called out my name sent shivers down my spine even though I was seriously burning up. 

"E-everytime, when I'm with you all, I-I feel weird. I-I'm always n-nervous around you. My face gets hot whenever I'm close to you. M-my heart feels like it's going to explode. W-when you all confessed, I-I-I was so happy that I didn't know what to do. I-I was so scared of hurting you. I was scared of you hating me again. But that was when I realised that," I stared at them, emotional and terrified, "I-I love you all too...I-I-I just can't choose. I-I'm sorry...".