Chapter 29 - Access Granted

We ended up sitting along the cliff's edge with our legs dangling over the side. "Hey Y/N, What happened to you when you lost your memories?" Namjoon questioned as my breath sharpened. "...Someone took care of me." I softly stared at the ocean, "Hmm? By who? We should go thank them!" I smiled, "Maybe some other time. She isn't here at the moment." They nodded in agreement.

'Oh!...I want to ask them something too.' My fingers fidgeted non-stop. I took a deep breath before opening my mouth, "Hey brothers..." It felt so satisfying being able to call out to them as a sister, "Could you explain to me why you all suddenly...'changed your minds'?" Their soft features sharpened; eyes darker than death, tension as icy as a hailstorm.

"Father..." Namjoon forcefully hissed under his visible breath, unwilling to speak of it. "Father?" I couldn't believe my ears, "Is he back?" Their expressions were the scariest of all I had observed. They appeared more muscular, more dominant, more powerful...Was it because I haven't seen them in years?

"No..." Namjoon struggled to find the words. I could see his stiff face preparing to breakdown but Jin, who was next to him, placed his hand on Namjoon's shoulder, vaguely shaking his head. "Y/N, I don't want to explain everything just yet since you've just come back to us but I'll tell you this...Father... he's the one to blame for mother's death."

'Huh...?'

"W-what do you mean?" Jin shook his head, indicating that he won't say anymore, "Why would he...? But I'm to blame for mother's death." Namjoon held onto my clenched glacial hands, dented with red marks of my fingernails, "No it's not, Y/N. Don't worry too much about it now." My frustrated brows furrowed but, 'No Y/N. Do not get angry. You're finally happily with them. Don't ruin this moment.', I stayed quiet, giving a little nod as wisps of my hair concealed the depressing features beneath.

"I'm glad you understand Y/N. We're just really happy to have you now." I smiled at Namjoon, then spontaneously embraced him, tightening my arms around the back of his neck, "I'm more happy than any of you!" I felt Namjoon's shoulders tense for a heartbeat before he slowly wrapped his arms around me, 'How long I have waited for this moment...'

"We should get going now." Yoongi noted, peeling my hands off of Namjoon as he pulled me upright, where I accidentally tripped over a sleeping stone and tumbled onto Yoongi's firm chest, 'So warm...' *badum*badum* I heard his heart quicken and instantly moved back, "Aah! S-sorry...". He scratched the back of his neck, "No...no worries." before turning his back to me and began walking down the cliff, hands in the pockets of his thermal jacket. Reconsidering my surroundings, I shivered in the cold and the bare state of my legs didn't help in any way.

Suddenly my back felt warmer, though nothing pressed against it, "Brace yourself...". "Ahh!" I jolted as an icy hand scooped my naked legs while the other supported my clothed shoulders, "Hold on Y/N~" My arms naturally swung around his neck, "Jungkook! Let me down!" He smirked, "Nope." and began to sprint against winter's zephyr as I buried my head into his toasty chest. "Hey! Jungkook! Let Y/N go!" The others began to chase after us. As Jungkook began to laugh, I started to laugh too, followed by the rest; our voices drifting behind us, becoming a memory.

...

Hwanwoong POV

Broad daylight invaded my eyes as I sat up from the comfort of my bed. I smiled, "Good Morning Y/N." gazing at the posters of Y/N I had plastered on my wall, "*sigh* I've been so busy that I didn't have the time to find you but today..." I bolted to the bathroom, prepping to look my best. "Hmm...now thinking about it, the flower shop is only a few streets away...so why...why do I only get to see her now?" I shrugged my shoulders, "That's not important right now Hwanwoong! What's important is that she's here now!" As soon as I reached the living room, after dressing, there was a knock on the door. I rushed to the door, "Coming!" and opened the door with a wide swing.

The entire world around me seemed to stop, my eyes only focused on the person before me, "...Y/N". She smiled and flung herself at me, "Woah!" and we fell to the floor. There was a slight pause, "I remember, Hwanwoong...". My heart fluttered at her words as my vision began to blur while my arms wrapped tightly around her nostalgic figure, "I missed you, Y/N." She lifted her head, gazing down at me, "Me too, Oppa."

I accompanied Y/N on the couch, bringing out two cups of toasty hot chocolate with marshmallows. "Oppa, were you planning to go somewhere?" She questioned, eyeing my stylish apparel, "I was actually...to find you. One of our staff told me where you worked. But you're here now so no!" She grinned, eyes brightening, "Oppa's still handsome as always!" I slightly choked on my beverage, accidentally burning my tongue, "Sorry Hwanwoong! Did I surprise you!?" I blushed while she couldn't help laughing, trying to maintain a worried face, "Whaaaat? No way! I wasn't surprised. Besides, I know I'm handsome!" She began to giggle louder while I pouted.

Y/N kept asking questions about how my life had been and other random stuff, but... "Enough about me now, tell me about you. Where have you been for all these years?" She seemed to hesitate for a bit, "I was taken care of and I guess...I coincidently came back."

When I remembered them, my lips twitched, "Are you with your brothers?" Her eyes widened, "How do you-". "They told me. Are they treating you well?" She nodded, "*sigh* Y/N, you don't have to lie to me. I know they're bullying you. If it weren't for them, you wouldn't have..." She shook her head spontaneously, "No, they changed... They're really nice to me now. I still don't understand why though..." My knuckles turned pale white, 'Why is it always them?'.

"I should get going now. The flowers are waiting for me. Are you busy this weekend?" My brows lifted, "No, why?" She leaned forward; our faces only an inch apart. I suddenly could only focus on her face; her lips were moving but I couldn't hear what she was saying. My heart was beating at a rapid speed, 'Looks like...I'm still...in love with you.' Suddenly, I felt someone poking my forehead, "Earth to Oppa! Did you hear me?!" I gazed at her, my eyes blinking, confused, "S-sorry, what were you saying?" She chuckled, "I said, we should go out!" My soul leaped into euphoria, as I nodded, "Sure!". She grinned so brightly, I melted under her presence.

She closed the door with a thud and I looked out the window, observing her fading figure. My lips naturally curved upwards, "It's a date then..."

...

Third person POV

"Jin! Why didn't you just tell her the whole truth!?" Namjoon raged, in their backstage studio. Luckily, none of the staff was present to hear their conversation, "Like I said, she just came back to us and I don't want to overwhelm her with the truth! How would you feel if I told you that you were adopted!?" Namjoon settled in his dressing chair, trying not to mess his hair that has been styled for an hour, "But if we don't tell her now, when would we tell her?" Jin sighed helplessly, "When the timing is right." Everyone went silent.

"Hyung, have you found anything on father?" Taehyung questioned, eyeing the laptop in front of Yoongi as he typed with efficient speed, "Not at the moment...I'm struggling to find the right codes." The clock ticked in the silent room as the idols waited for their turn to perform on stage. Suddenly, "BTS! It's your time to shine!" A staff member barged in, accidentally dropping a few pieces of paper as he swung the door open, "Let's go!". As the boys strode out the door, Yoongi stared at his laptop, where the green symbols flooded against the black screen... - Access Granted - 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

I hope everyone is enjoying this fanfic! 

💜💜💜🎉🎉🎉Happy Birthday to our sleepy handsome marshmallow, SUGA!!! 🎉🎉🎉💜💜💜