Chapter 17 - I won't make you tired anymore

"My dear brothers, you may not have realised this but I have always been watching you ever since the day I entered this house. I want you to know that I love you so much, even if you never loved me back. I killed our mother and father left us because of me so I don't blame you for hating me. But I would never hate you...no matter what you do to me...you can beat me up or curse at me forever...but my love for you will never change. I love you my brothers...please continue your life the way you wanted when I didn't exist because that makes me the happiest. - Y/N"

(Play the music above if interested~)

Their hearts shattered as tears wetted the floor beneath, "If that's the way you want to do it, I want to do it... Even if I try to accept it..." They finally paid attention to the voice with painful expressions. Understanding each others' motives, they dashed out of the house as they searched for the voice. They found themselves running towards the beach, where the voice guided them, "It'd be a difficult way until farewell...I'm not brave enough to live without you..." The sound of anonymous footsteps caught their attention as they surprisingly bumped into Hwanwoong, whose cheeks were wet from tears.

They glared at each other, "What are you doing here?" Jimin asked as they ran together, "Hmph! None of your damn business~" Hwanwoong replied in the same way Jimin had earlier, causing Jimin to burn with fury. "As if I didn't hear anything...As if I nothing happened..." The sound of the girl's voice interrupted their beef while their eyes guided them towards a girl standing against the cliff's edge with the glowing sun lighting her face in the distance and they started to call out her name. Hwanwoong glanced at BTS in confusion before focusing on the luminous silhouette on the cliff.

She noticed them while turning her face towards the 8 men but she continued, "If we forget about what happened today...Nothing changed..." They arrived at the bottom of the cliff and started running against the steep slope, "No! Please don't Y/N!" They screamed at the top of their lungs but she just smiled at them, "Because I won't make you tired anymore..." The last sentence felt as if it was directed towards them as she plunged herself into the ocean waters, "Y/N!!!!!!!" The boys ran to the edge as they saw Y/N's body go underwater.

"Call the police!" Jin took out his phone and dialed the police's number as he explained the situation in panic. Hwanwoong, Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung ran down the cliff as they entered the freezing water to find Y/N...but after a while, not a trace of her body was found.

- Few hours later -

Jin POV

"Sir, we are trying everything we can to find your sister." My eyes bored into the officer standing in front of me, "Maybe you're not trying hard enough!" Frustrated, my hands ran through my hair as I felt a stinging pain in my eyes again, "Sir, believe me, we are." I stared at the scenery before me; the sun was already setting and the wind was getting stronger; it looked like a storm was approaching. I saw Hwanwoong, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook wrapped in towels as they shivered from the cold air, brushing against their wet skin. Hoseok and Suga were providing them hot beverages and extra towels, the police had given them, while Namjoon was on the phone with the manager. "*sigh* Damn it! Why did it turn out like this?" The officer started patting my back, "Sir, rest assured, we're doing everything in our power to help. We'll also track your father's location. So please, go home and we'll contact you." I didn't reply nor look at him, I just walked towards the group, "Hey guys, let's go home."

Since our houses were close to the beach, the officers escorted us along the narrow pavement. I decided to ask Hwanwoong the question I had been wanting to ask ever since we bumped into him, "Hey you," Hwanwoong's tired, lifeless eyes met mine, "Why were you there? On the beach...What's Y/N to you?" Hwanwoong looked down at his wrung hands, "I love her..." Yoongi was about to punch him but I blocked his arm, shaking my head at him. 

Hwanwoong kept looking at his feet, "What about you guys?" My eyes stung at the thought, "She...she is our sister." Hwanwoong's eyes went wide as if he wasn't expecting it, "Brothers?! Hmph! You're such terrible f*cking people! How could you treat your sister in such an awful manner?! Y/N has always looked up to you and I always found it strange but now, I get it...This was all your fault!" Yoongi was about to punch him again but Hwanwoong informed the officers his reached destination before disappearing behind his caramel door.

...

I stepped into the empty house, after days of not seeing it. It felt different, as if it was missing something. It was clean and everything was where it was supposed to be...but something felt absent. I entered the dark hallway and at the very end of it, I turned left where I was met by a bedroom door. I've never realised the distinct dents I had created on the door when banging on it. As I opened it, it revealed a decent bedroom; white walls, small wardrobe, a study desk, a plain bed with a wooden bedside table. The air had a hint of Y/N's scent and I remembered the many times when I would wake Y/N by hitting her. I observed her items in the room; her clothes (I didn't look at her undergarments), her simple bedside elements and books, she used, to study. I opened her bedside drawer and what laid there took me by surprise.

Every BTS album, poster, merchandise that I know where squeezed into this tiny trunk. In one of the corners of the poster, was her neat writing, "I love BTS so much!". I dug through the pile and found a photo of her posing in the crowd at one of our first concerts, while we were on stage. Then I remembered her letter, "...dear brothers, you may not have realised this but I have always been watching you...I love you..." Tears welled up in my eyes as I closed her drawer, "I'm sorry Y/N. It was never your fault..." Each step I made echoed in the empty room as I left through the wooden door, down the hallway and back into the living room.

The group was already surrounding the dining table, discussing, when I joined them. "What are we going to do?" Hoseok asked, cradling his face in the palms of his hands. "We're going to find father..." We all stared at Namjoon, "But how? Nothing can help us." Taehyung stated but Namjoon smirked, "Everything starts at some point." We all glanced at each other, slowly smiling, "What's the plan leader?" Namjoon began thinking, "Boys, we have to start learning how to fight...and a bit of hacking." Yoongi's eyes lit up, "We're going to become a mafia gang?"

"No we're not, we're only doing this to find dad and turn him into the police, and when we completed this mission, we'll stop." Namjoon made sure we understood the process as we intensely listened, "I'll try and squeeze training into our schedule while I find someone to train us...We're going to take revenge, brothers...for mother...and for Y/N!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you are engaged into the story and loving it!

- Euphoria_Within