Chapter 43 - Golden Ash

Third person POV

"Marina, have you finished?" Jimin asked. No reply. "W-we're coming in!", Taehyung opened the door, revealing an empty room with only a sleeping patient. Surprised, the members froze, "Huh? W-where'd she go?" Hoseok blurted. They cautiously examined the room but there was no sign of Marina.

Yoongi massaged his aching head, "*sigh* Today's been so confusing...Jennie and Hwanwoong's red eyes. We were mysteriously paralysed by a weird substance. That bastard talking about mother and magic sh*t before Y/N shot a glowing bullet that randomly turned him into ashes. All our weapons mysteriously disappeared so the police couldn't suspect anything, except a bizarre shooting. Now this 'Marina' has disappeared. It's like... ...actual magic." The others agreed at the unusual events unfolding.

"Woah! Why is it so wet here?!", Jungkook who was first to arrive at Y/N's side stepped onto a random large puddle of water, "Wait...this smell...it's ocean water...".

Y/N POV

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself floating in bright light. "W-where am I? Am I dead?".

"...Y/N..." I gasped at the person in front of me, "M-marina! Why are you here? Where are we?!" She faintly smiled. "Marina?"

"Hey Y/N, do you remember the voice when you picked up that gun?". I nodded, "Yes I do. It sounded like...". My eyes widened as Marina placed a hand on my cheek, "M-marina, are you... ... ...m-mother?". A tear rolled down her cheek as she smiled. "Y/N, the bullet your father pierced you with was magic so you'll die if I don't do anything.". I blinked in confusion, "W-wait Marina, I'm conf-". She placed a finger on my lips, "Don't worry, Y/N. I'm going to save you.".

She took a deep breath as she looked up, "In return for my daughter's life and past sacrifices, I, Marina, am willing to sacrifice my life.". I gasped, "No, Marina!". At that moment, her body began to disintegrate into glowing golden particles, "Marina please! I need you!!!". The tears tumbled down my cheek as I shook Marina's arms to stop her doing but she just...smiled, "I'll miss you, Y/N. Please don't be sad. I'll always be there for you and your brothers, right by the ocean and in your heart.". Before she completely disappeared, I jumped into her arms, "I love you, mother.". She pecked my cheek, "I love you too, my beautiful child." Her warmth vanished from my arms.

She disappeared. My cries got louder and louder as I fell into complete darkness.

...

'Ow...my stomach hurts.'. My body started to wake. "S-she's moving!", I heard distant voices, 'Brothers?'. My eyes fluttered open, meeting various pairs of watery ones, "Y/N, you're awake! Someone get the doctor!". I weakly smiled at them, "Are you all okay?". They nodded, "Don't worry about us now Y/N! Worry about yourself first!".

A doctor and a few nurses immediately began checking on my conditions. They all looked surprised. "What a miracle! She's completely healthy!" the doctor exclaimed as my brothers cheered in euphoria, "But she'll still need to rest here until her wounds heal." We nodded in awareness.

After the medical team had left, I soon realised, "I-I-I just killed a person...". My body trembled in fear but my brothers rushed to my side, "Y/N, you killed him for a good reason. You mustn't think badly of this situation. You're not a killer. He's the villain.", Jimin said. I calmed down and nodded, "Thanks Jimin.". I tried sitting up but my stomach still felt decently painful, "Careful, Y/N!", Jin immediately assisted me as he propped me up in a seated position, "Thanks Jin.".

*clink* I felt something in my hands, 'Hmm? What's thi-'. I froze at the sight of it, "Y/N, What are you holding?", Namjoon asked. Unconsciously, I began to cry silently, clutching the item into my chest, "Y-Y/N! Are you okay?!".