Chapter 12 - Being your partner

It has been a few weeks since that night and everything returned to normal. Though I thought something might have changed between me and my brothers, I thought wrong, as the same routine occurred everyday. "Y/N!" Hwanwoong jumped from behind, "Ahh!" and I accidentally whacked him in the stomach, causing him to fall on the floor while hugging his abdomen, "Omg! I'm so sorry! *sigh* my reflexes..." Truthfully, I was pretty good at attacking and defending during fights but I chose not to show it to others, especially my brothers. He shook his head as he slowly got up, "No...I'm sorry for scaring you. Haha~ I was going to ask you what activity were you going to sign up for?" My eyebrows raised in confusion, "Huh? What activity?"

Hwanwoong looked at me in disbelief, "Activity for the school festival! Did you forget?" I massaged my temples as I tried to remember, "Oh! The principal's speech! I remember! I haven't thought about it yet..." He laughed, "I knew you would forget so I signed up for you~" I gave him the 'What?' look. "I signed you up as a waitress in the cafe~" I pinched his cheeks, "Hwanwoong~Tell me the truth~" Hwanwoong knows I hated such awkward things therefore I knew he was lying, "Ow, ow, ow! Okay okay! You'll be paired with me for a dance performance~" I released his cheeks as I listened to his confession, "*sigh* well, I guess it's better than being a maid."

Hwanwoong ruffled my head, "We'll start rehearsing tomorrow since the festival is next week!". "Yah! Stop messing up my hair! I know, I know!" He ran off as the bell rang. "*sigh* this guy..." I shook my head in defeat as I watch Hwanwoong run away. I walked to my last class of the day; singing. The teacher walked in carrying piles of paper, 'Ugh... theory...' Don't mean to be rude, I love singing, like it's my life, but... theory... meh. The last bell rang when I nearly nodded off to sleep, "Class! Announcement for those who chose to do a dance performance for the festival. It's compulsory for you to sing as well! Please don't forget!" I got excited from the news, 'Yes! Sing and dance combination! We vibing~'

My phone vibrated as I strolled home, pondering on the song and dance choreography for the festival. It was a text message from Hwanwoong.

Hwanwoong: Y/N~ Have you thought of what we should do for our performance? We have to sing as well! I think your teacher would've told you that already.

Y/N: Yes, I know. I have a few songs in mind but I'm not sure. What theme have you chosen?

Hwanwoong: Uhhhhh...

Y/N: What?

Hwanwoong: You're going to hate me for this but I chose, 'Love' ;)

Y/N: ... I quit. Bye~

Hwanwoong: No Trust me! It's going to be really good! If you battle your weak points, you'll become stronger~ that's what my english teacher said.

Y/N: Excuse me but I never said love was a weak point of mine. I just hate it. Anyways what song are you thinking?

Hwanwoong: Well...

-Few days later-

The festival is tomorrow and we just ended our final rehearsal. I had to skip a few classes during the week since I can't rehearse after school because I needed to be at home, otherwise my brothers will start beating me again. I give Hwanwoong a powerful high five, "This is it. Tomorrow's the day." He stayed behind in the dance studio to clean up while I hurried home, "Thank you Hwanwoong! I'll treat you sometime." . "Korean BBQ!" I laughed when I heard him scream out the door as I signal him an 'Ok' sign, without turning my head.

As I walked briskly down the quiet hallway, someone pulled me into the girls' bathroom and I was immediately pushed onto the floor with my head against the wall. "Hmph! You think you can perform in front of the entire school with your disgraceful appearance and appalling talent!" Jennie screamed into my ear while water from the mop bucket was poured onto me from head to toe by one of her friends. They laughed hysterically, "BTS will love me when they see this." She violently kicked me in the stomach, "Listen, when you're on stage at the festival, no one's going to enjoy it because... nobody likes you~" She pulled onto my hair and took out a pair of scissors, directly slicing across my long hair, "Oops~Didn't mean to do that~ Haha!" She threw my cut-off hair on the floor and exited through the door with her friends behind her, leaving me on the drenched floor with hair stuck to my body.

The afternoon wind felt cold against my wet skin and the leftover hair on my body irritated my nerves. Luckily, it was still early enough that my brothers haven't come home since they were hanging out together, right after school. I took a long thorough shower to remove the unpleasant stench and debris my body held. My reflection in the mirror revealed a short, messily cut hairstyle. Fortunately, I had some experience with hair so I decided to fix it and was pleased with the outcome, 'This short hair looks nice.' After a while, my nose began to itch as I let out a sneeze, "Achoo! Urgh...it's cold."The house felt chilly once I finished cooking dinner for my brothers so I decided to head straight to bed, "I hope I don't get sick..."

...And I jinxed it. The next morning, my throat felt weird and I couldn't project my voice properly, 'Crap...' I arrived much earlier to school to find Hwanwoong, therefore, I haven't seen my brothers yet, but I heard they were also performing. Apparently, the principal invited the entire group to come and perform for the school. "Hwanwoong!". I called out to him when I spotted him. His eyes widened when he heard my voice, "Y/N? What happened to your voice? And your hair?". I shook my head, "That's not important right now. Just accept the fact that I won't be able to sing today. We have to go speak with the principal." We bolted to the principal's office to ask if I could just dance while Hwanwoong does all the singing and dancing, which he happily agreed to.

The festival was on fire as the cafes and other fun activities were all packed with students who had free time from their individual activities. Hwanwoong and I spent our time eating and browsing around until we had to go on stage. BTS was first up while we stood backstage getting ready.

Hwanwoong POV

I stood next to Y/N while she observed BTS's performance with loving eyes. I don't understand this girl; 3 of the members studying at our school bully her and yet she continues to fangirl over them. Her surprising new short hairstyle suited her, however she never told me that she was going to get a haircut, "Hey Y/N, Why did you cut your hair?" As I asked her, her face slightly dropped, which wasn't noticeable to others, but to me, it was clearly visible, 'Something happened...' She smiled at me as she stroked her hair, "I thought it was nice for a change." I worriedly looked at her, '*sigh* this girl doesn't know how anxious I am always for her...' I was about to say something to her until we were announced on stage. "Let's go!" She pulled me by the hand on stage and many eyes observed our every movement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

I hope you liked Chapter 12~ Yeo Hwanwoong is from 'Oneus' and they're an amazing group! Please listen to them if you haven't!

- Euphoria_Within