Chapter 41 - Evil Magic

(!Warning!: There is blood in this chapter! If uncomfortable, please don't read! ♥ ♥ ♥)

'Why is Jennie with him?!'. She smirked before raising the gun again, "That's a good girl. Now pull the trigger.", Father commanded as he smiled at the sight of Jennie. Her finger laid on the trigger.

As she was about to pull on the trigger, my brothers stood in front of me with their guns aimed at her, "Don't do it Jennie!". As my brothers appeared in front of her, Jennie flinched before lowering her gun a bit, "What are you doing!? Kill them!". Father's angry tone caused Jennie to raise her gun again, "Don't you dare Jennie!". Her brows furrowed, "Why are you protecting her?!".

Father groaned in anger, "This girl's emotions are hard to control...". Jennie continued, "Didn't you hate her!?". Her eyes shined a bright red before it sunk back in as she staggered, "Ugh!". Father ordered again, "Jennie! Shoot already!". I stared in horror, 'What was that? Her eyes... ...Magic?'. She raised the gun at me but my brothers surrounded, blocking my view and her view of me. I could hear a quivering pain in her voice, "Why don't you love me...?".

I looked over my brothers' shoulders. Jennie was on the verge of tears as the water surrounded her dead eyes, "I just want to be loved...". *bang!* A trigger went off and Jennie tumbled to the floor, "Useless b*tch.". Father had shot her in the leg. "Jennie!!", I screamed out. Jennie looked at my father, "Y-you bastard!" and pointed the gun at him but he shrugged, "Sorry~You were too slow~" and disappeared into the shadows.

"What the f*ck? Where'd he go?" Yoongi exclaimed, but my eyes remained on Jennie, '...She just wants to be loved...She's like the past 'me'.'. I immediately ran to her wounded state. "Y/N!", my brothers called out in caution but I smiled, "Don't worry.". I came to Jennie's side and ripped a part of my clothing, but, "Jennie!", my brothers cried out again. I heard the click of a gun and the touch of cold metal pressed against my chest, "J-jennie, I'm here to help...". Her dark eyes stared into me, "You ruined everything, you b*tch..." She said weakly.

"Please Jennie...You're in pain. Let me help." Not caring about the gun pressed against my body, I gently began to wrap her leg. Distinct sobs floated around my ears as Jennie cried emotionally, "W-why are you acting nice?". I smiled as she lowered her gun, "My kindness is genuine, Jennie. You're a good person. There's nothing wrong with you. You...just want to be loved, right?". 

Her eyes widened at my words. The dark surface of her pupils shattered as the healthy hue of warm cocoa returned to her eyes and the soft pink of her cheeks floated on top. She tightly hugged me, "Man...I hate you even more now.". I chuckled as I wrapped my hands around her, comforting her as her sobs continued.

Suddenly, clapping echoed along the walls, "Wah~What a beautiful moment. Eternal enemies become friends... ...disgusting." My brothers and I looked behind us to see father near the door, 'How did he...'. My brothers charged at him but some kind of substance fell from the sky and landed at their feet before spreading rapidly, paralysing them as they stopped moving, 'What is that?'.

A dark figure gracefully landed on the corrupted marble floor after jumping down from the broken edge of the wall. His gun was aimed at my motionless brothers, "No!!". I abruptly left Jennie's side and stood in front of them, avoiding the mysterious substance on the floor. I could feel my brothers telling me to get away but I would never. "Please don't shoot!", his hand jolted, 'Oh! It's my escort!'

Father raised an eyebrow, "What are you doing, boy? Shoot!". I looked horrified at father, "Father! Please don't! Why...why do you want to kill us this badly?!" He smirked, "To lure your mother out." My eyes widened, 'M-mother?' His eyes went darker, "And when she comes...I'll become the most powerful man in the world with all that magic..." I stared at father in disbelief, 'He knows there's magic in the world...'.

"F-father...what are you talking about?! M-magic? You killed mother!!" I screamed but he kept his dirty smile, "I know but...her magic still remains...". I opened my mouth again but father halted it, "Enough with your idiotic questions! Shoot boy!!" At the command, the mysterious man groaned in pain as he covered his eyes, removing the sunglasses which revealed a hint of crimson light before it settled in. I gasped at the situation, 'F-father...is controlling him with magic.' My eyes turned to the mysterious substance on the floor, 'That's definitely magic too.'

The guy lifted his face, his eyes pierced through mine as I looked back at him, "H-hwanwoong?!". His eyes were like Jennie's, dark and emotionless. He raised his gun at them again, "Hwanwoong! Don't!!". He remained silent as his finger remained on the trigger but I moved to where he was aiming, causing his body to flinch. Wherever he pointed, I would move to that area. "Hwanwoong! Please! This isn't like you!"

His teeth grinded together as he looked down. *bang!* He released the bullet, aimed at Jimin but I quickly jumped to receive it and it went through my arm, "Aaah!" I tightened my free hand around the small wound overwhelmed with intense pain. Hwanwoong raised his eyes in shock, "Y/N!!".

He immediately ran to my side and dropped the gun. I looked into his eyes. His healthy self came back as he looked at me with regret and anxiety, "I'm so sorry!". He wrapped his hands around the wound to prevent it from bleeding, "It's okay...I'm fine". I smiled at him, 'He's back. The Hwanwoong I know is back.' but he stopped moving. Paralysed, just like my brothers.

"Huh?" I heard the click of a gun again, "Useless piece of sh*t". My father aimed the gun at Hwanwoong's back and *bang!* it fired. "Nooo!" I jumped in front of Hwanwoong as the bullet pierced my stomach. The blood splattered across the floor; my blood. I could taste the sourness of it through my mouth as it trickled down the corner of my mouth. I heard Jennie cry out, "Y/N!!!".

I fell to the floor, into the pool of redness that once belonged to me but had now escaped and surrounded my weak body. Everything was silent but father kept laughing continuously non-stop, "This...has got to be the best day of my life!". My eyes narrowed, 'This is the end...isn't it?'

I laid motionless on the floor, not realising the shell necklace around my neck, shattered to pieces.

Marina POV

"Y/N's going to see that man. This is dangerous. He's definitely plotting something.". I paced around in the water until, "Ugh!". An immense pain spread throughout my chest, "No...it shattered... Something's wrong with her!". 

I immediately swam to my room of magic. "Where's Y/N?!", I demanded my mirror for an answer as it revealed an image of a dark room. Y/N laid on the floor with 8 boys standing motionless and another girl lying on the floor further away from them, "No...".

I saw the man who was to blame for this scene. "Damn it! There's no way I'd let him go any further!". Taking a deep breath, I began to chant as a bright golden glow circulated around me.

Y/N POV

'I can't stay awake any longer...' My eyes grew heavier and heavier as tears tumbled down my cheeks, "...damn it...". 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

♥ ♥ ♥ I'm always appreciating the support you guys give me! Saranghaeyo~~~ ♥ ♥ ♥

- Euphoria_Within