Chapter 36. The Breaking Heart!

Happy reading peepz!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I was meant to be yours all along,
Even before we met.

Nandini was standing outside looking at Manik from the small circular glass window. After seeing her message Cabir, Navya, Dhruv, Alya, Mukti, Swara, Raj and Abhimanyu came running to the hospital. She had just told them whatever happened. Till the time they reached, she had stopped crying. After that she neither spoke nor cried. She was just standing like a lifeless body looking at his lifeless body from outside the ICU. Yes, he was shifted to ICU as he got some severe injuries on head and chest. All the time Swara and Navya were crying for their son and brother. All others were just consoling both of them. Mukti and Abhimanyu even tried to talk to Nandini but she didn't said anything and ignored them. All understood that she needs alone time because everyone knew her and Manik's bond.

Here Nandini was looking calm from outside but from inside she was dying! Dying because of the guilt and pain. Guilt because she was blaming herself for Manik's condition. She thought that she should be there in his place. And pain of seeing him lying on that damn bed without any movement. It was paining her heart to see him like this.

After sometime the ICU door opened and the doctor came out. All rushed to him and barged him with questions about Manik's health. But Nandini just stood at a distance quietly listening to everything. She was just praying to God that the doctor shouldn't say something unpleasant about his health.

"Please shant hojaiye aap log. Mujhe kuch bolne to dijiye!" The doctor said little loudly and everyone became quite.

"I just want to say that the patient has lost a lot of blood. He has the rarest blood group and unfortunately the hospital's blood bank doesn't have it currently. We've talked to other blood banks also but they also don't have it. We need a donor immediately!" The doctor dropped the bomb.

All were quite because of the shock. But then Abhimanyu was the first one to react something.

"What is his blood group doctor?" He asked the sensible question.

"AB negative!" The doctor said.

As soon as he said that Nandini's eyes shined with a little happiness.

"I'll donate the blood!" She said for the first time in a while.

All looked at her.

"Your blood group is AB negative?" The doctor asked.

She nodded.

"But Nandu how can you donate blood? You get easily scared of syringes." Abhimanyu said.

"Doctor tell me fast where I have to donate. We can't waste time. He needs to be treated." She said with a broken voice.

"Come with me." The nurse said and Nandini left with her not before glancing Manik from the window. She not for once looked at anybody.

Nandini was hell scared. Yes Abhimanyu was right. She has a phobia of syringes. But she was determined to donate blood only because HIS life was at stake. And she could go to any extent for protecting him. That time she was more scared of losing him than the syringes.