Chapter 86. Poor Lara!

Happy reading peepz!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I told the stars about you.

After having their lunch, Manik and Nandini were in their room. Nandini was sleeping on the bed while Manik was seated beside her with his laptop on his lap. He was working from home. It was really tough for him to handle everything from home because of the one week holiday he took. But still Sheena had given him all the updates and was handling the company well in his absence. Also nothing was more important to him than his princess.

He looked down at her. She had wrapped her one hand around his waist and snuggled to him. He caressed her hairs gently before focusing on his laptop again. After an hour he felt her moving. He knew she will wake up now.

"Manik" she mumbled slowly in sleep.

He chuckled slowly.

"I'm right here baby. Wake up sleepyhead!" He ruffled her hairs.

She slowly opened her eyes and he helped her in sitting properly. He made her drink water.

"Ab kaisa feel ho raha hai mere baby ko?" Manik asked sweetly.

"Baby ish feeling good now." She said in a babyish tone.

"Baby is not hungry?" Manik asked as if asking to a small kid.

"No" She said wrapping her arms around him and hiding her face in his neck.

"Okay so what does my baby wants to do?" Manik asked again.

"Baby will see you working today." She replied unwrapping her arms around him and wrapping it around his arm and kept her head on his shoulder.

"Okay! As my baby says." He said and kissed her head before getting back to his work.

He kept working and she kept looking sometimes at him and sometimes at the screen. After few minutes Nandini's phone rang. She took it and Manik raised his eyebrows at her.

"Lara." She said.

"Give me." He said and she passed him the phone.

He picked it up. Lara was asking why Nandini didn't came to office today. He told her that she isn't well, so she will not come office for few days. Lara told him she needs Nandini's signatures on some important papers. He told that she could come to Malhotra Mansion in evening. She agreed and then hanged up the call.

"Lara will be coming here in evening. She wants your signatures on some papers. You will be fine right?" He asked caressing her cheek.

"Agar aap sath ho toh mujhe kaise kuch ho sakta hai?" She said caressing his two day old stubble.

Bass yahi par Manik Malhotra pighal gaya!

Her words left him speechless. After gathering some words, he finally spoke.

"You're right! Jab tak me tumhare sath hu, I promise me apni jaan ko kuch nahi hone dunga." He said and kissed her palm which was on his cheek.