Chapter 55 Catch me if you can

****SHORT CHAPTER WARNING***

I came down the stairs and walked into the parlor room to find Elena talking to Klaus. "Dawn? What are you doing here?" She asked as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"It's a long and fun story. But the bottom line is that I am not allowed to leave dumbass's side." I said as I pointed to Klaus. "Where are you here?" I asked as her eyes turned back to Klaus.

"She is coming to me for help, sweetheart. But weren't your friends just trying to bury me in a cement tomb?" he asked with a smile.

"This is your fault. You started this when you forced Jeremy to kill those vampires." She explained as I came around and sat on the couch.

"And my little brat of a brother has gone and made things worse." He said as he pulled me closer to him. "Well, he never did like Damon." his hand went to my thigh as his thumb rubbed across it. "I suppose I should do something, shouldn't I?"

"Call him off, Klaus," Elena demanded.

"You are in no place to be making demands, love." He quickly stated. I felt a twinge in my heart after he called her love.  "Whilst I'd like to cure you to make more hybrids, I do have other reasons for finding the cure, not the least of which is destroying it, so you lot can't use it against me." He explained as he turned his head to look at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever our differences, we want the same thing." She explained. "Please, Klaus, I'm begging you." She then turned to me and begged me to say something to help with her eyes.

I turned to Klaus and smiled. "Call him. I have a few words to say anyway." I said.

He looked down at me and then did what I asked. He scrolled through his phone until Kol's name came up, and then he called him. "Little Brother. Just two days home, and I'm told you've already gone and made a mess."

"Come on, Nik. I was only having some fun." I heard Kol through the phone.

"Those vampires were for my hunter," Klaus said.

"I'll make some more. There's no shortage of people." Kol reasoned.

"Where's Damon Salvatore?" Klaus asked, not amused at all.

"I gave him a good and proper beating just for old time's sake."

"Yes. Well, you've had your fun. Let him go and come home." Klaus said, and I sighed. he curled his hand under my thigh, lifting it slightly and placing it on his leg. "Avoid any more trouble, or you'll find yourself back in a box."

"Hey. No need to be nasty about it." Kol said lightly.

"On the contrary, I find nattiness to be essential whenever my siblings try to sabotage me." I rolled my eyes and took the Phone from Klaus' hand. He turned to me, confused as I held it up to my ear.

"Kol?" I said as I heard him sigh.

"Dawn, my favorite sister. What can I do for you?" He sounded a bit upset when he heard my voice.

"I know you are getting tired of the same old dagger threat, so how about a new one. If you do anything to Jeremy, I will burn you alive." I heard a small gulp. "And to take a bit from Nik, I will put you in a coffin without any chance of coming back. You will remain there for the rest of your life. Stay away from my brother. Understand?"

"Yes, sister, I promise I won't touch him." He said as he hung up the phone. I smiled and handed the phone back to Klaus.

"You're welcome," I said to Elena, who was stunned by the whole thing. "Next time, just come to me. I will get it done faster." I said as I got up from the couch and left the two alone.