Chapter 31 The reckoning

I was sitting in the bed of the truck sketching away peacefully when the door next to me was harshly ripped open

I was sitting in the bed of the truck sketching away peacefully when the door next to me was harshly ripped open. I looked down at the person who did it. But he pulled me out and on my feet. He then slammed my back into the school building. "You knew." He stated harshly.

"Knew what?" I gasped out as he gripped my shoulders.

"You knew about the doppelganger." He yelled harshly. "You knew."

"What about Elena?" I asked as I was pushed hard against the bricks.

"Stop lying to me." He yelled in my face as his hand slammed into the brick next to my head. I could hear the cracks form. I was terrified as I stared into his dark blue eyes. They held hurt and anger.

"I am not lying. I have no idea what you're talking about." I rushed out as I tried to push him away from me. He seemed to loosen his grip on my shoulders. His eyes lightened a bit but he still held me to the brick wall.

He leaned up off the wall but then his eyes narrowed. "Really?" He asked calmly. But in an instant, he grabbed my arm and sped us into the gym. I was flung forward but I kept myself from falling. "You didn't know about her?"

"Who?" I looked up from the floor and my eyes landed on Elena. She was alive and standing right in front of me. "Elena?" I questioned as if I was really seeing this.

"Dawn?" She asked but then she ran to me with her arms wide open. I collided with her and wrapped my arms tightly around her. Tears came to my eyes as my head went to her shoulder.

"I thought you were dead." We both said at the same time. Our moment was ruined by the gym doors opening. We pulled apart to see Bex walking in with Tyler. She was pushing him into the gym.

"Tyler?" I asked. He looking up at me confused.

"I'd like you all to meet my sister. Word of warning – She can be quite mean." Klaus explained as he gestured towards her.

"Don't be an ass," Bex said as she let go of Tyler.

"Dawn, I thought..." Tyler started but was stopped by Klaus grabbing his neck.

"No, Klaus, don't." I tried to run towards him but Bex grabbed my arm and stopped me. Klaus then turned to Bonnie and Matt who I just noticed in the corner. "Klaus, leave him alone." Klaus's eyes narrowed after my statement.

"I am going to make this very simple," Klaus explained as he pulled Tyler away from us. "Every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid, they die during the transition." I struggled to get out of Rebekah's hold. Tyler looked up at Klaus as he explained "It's quite horrible. You can ask Dawn about it." He then bit into his wrist and pushed it up to Tyler's mouth. Tyler struggled but he still drank the blood. "I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie." He stared at Bonnie who was staring at the sense. "And for Tyler's sake, you better hurry." Klaus then snapped Tyler's neck.