Chapter 44 The departed.

I stood up from my bed as I heard the front door open. I cracked my neck as I felt creek in my neck from how I was laying. I guess I lost to Tyler. Well, there is a first time for everything. I made my way downstairs to see Elijah standing at the door. Elena was staring at him with the door open wide. He looked up at me with a smile. "Hello, Dawn."

I waved at him as I made my way to the kitchen. I pulled open the fridge and grabbed some water. I turned back to see everyone now sitting at the table. Everyone as in Matt, Elena, Stefan, and Elijah. "All we need to do is get that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth. And Alaric will follow us." Elijah explained. I felt a bit indicant of this whole thing. I don't really want Bex to leave.

"And you'll just run?" Stefan asked as he stepped closer.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half-century while Elena's able to live out the rest of her natural life?" Elijah continued. And me? What about me? I wondered. "And of course, you are welcome to join us, Dawn." He said as he turned his head to me. I looked over to my sister as she watched my reactions.

"We finally stopped him, Elijah," Elena said trying to get the attention back on her. "After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back."

Elijah turned back to Elena but kept his eyes on me for a bit longer. "I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours, nor even your children's lifetimes." He pressed. "Perhaps it'll finally teach him some manners." He said as he adjusted the placemat on the table.

"Why should she trust you?" Matt asked as he stepped forward. "All you've done is screw her over." Matt had a point.

"And for that, I'm deeply ashamed. But know this, she could have been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight. So, Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not." Elijah said as he leaned on the table.

"Not. Hello!" Damon said through the phone making himself known. "Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!" Damon yelled.

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms if you return Klaus' body to us, Elena will come to no harm," Elijah said as he turned to me. "Do we have a deal?"

Elena considered it for a moment. Then she turned to me and nodded her head. "We have a deal." I knew she was going to say that. I took a sip from my water and watched as Elijah stood up from the chair and left the room.

"Well, that was interesting," I said as I watched the three of them turn to me.

*******************************

I was at my house waiting for everyone to come home. I was looking at my phone just waiting for someone to call me when I heard a knock at the door. I went to the door and opened it to see Tyler. "What's up, Tyler?"

"I just came to tell you that I am leaving town." He said as he stood in the doorway.

"Wow, you're actually telling bye this time," I said with a smile. I leaned on the frame as I looked at him.

"Well, Alaric outed us to the council so I and Care have to leave." He shrugged. I rolled my eyes.

"Have fun with all that time with Caroline. I give you a month before you are begging me to save your ass." I joked as he laughed.

"I will miss you too." he stepped in to hug me. I hugged him back. He then stepped back with a wide smile. "Bye, Dawn."

"You best keep in touch, Lockwood," I said as I watched him leave. I closed the door as I stepped back into my house. I made my way to the stairs as I felt a sharp pang in my heart. My hand went to my chest as pain surged through my chest. The pain was unbearable. I dropped to the ground, clutching my chest. I gasped out as I felt my heartbreak. I couched up blood onto the ground. My eyes filled with tears. My mind filled with memories of Klaus. Of everything, we did together. Of every touch. Of every kiss. I watched as the images started to caught fire and burn through my head. My body heated up and I hunched on my knees. I could feel my emotions rise to my heart. I cried out in pain and heartbreak. I felt my energy swirl around me and then fly out. Breaking glass and windows. Anything that was near me. I could feel something leave my heart. Leave me alone. Then I knew Klaus Michaelson was dead.

*******************************

I left my house to go to Klaus's mansion one last time. I walked into the large house and looked around. "Ma'am, you can't be here." I heard a man say as I stepped around him. I wasn't listening. I could not control my emotions right now. I felt the energy moved around me as tears kept falling. "Ma'am, you need to go." The man said as he grabbed my arm. I turned to him and stared. The unstable magic ran down my arm and into the man. He choked and coughed as he stared back at me. I observed as his eyes turned bloodshot and his hands came up to his throat to keep from choking. I listened to him struggle as he fell to his knees. He couldn't breathe but he tried. The struggling stopped when he fell to the floor either dead or unconscious. Along with the others that tried to stop me. It didn't matter to me.

I stepped over him and into the art studio. I looked around at all of the last perfect pieces of art that he didn't pack yet. I ran my hand over them. Feeling the brush strokes still on the canvas. Feeling the last of pieces. I stood in the middle of the room. admiring them all. I suddenly felt fury inside me. The rage gushed into the magic as the tears poured down my face. I lost him. I lost the person that was supposed to love me forever. The one that I pushed away many times. The one that I loved more than anything. I lost Klaus.

The magic streamed off me in waved. Going around the room until it hit something. When it made contact, the object broke to pieces. Each thing breaks upon the impact of strong energy. I watched as everything was in fragments. I didn't feel any better. I felt nothing but a numbing feeling. The artwork stayed intact but the object around the didn't. I took a deep breath as I made my way upstairs. Stuff disincarnated as I passed them. I walked into a room that became very familiar to me. I looked into the room. It wasn't completely empty. The bed was still there. I stepped up to the bed. I pulled the blankets down and climbed in. I laid under them and placed my head on the pillow. I curled up and cried.

After a bit, I heard the sound of footsteps coming towards me. I didn't lift my head nor did I turn to face the person. I was a mess and I didn't want to deal with people. The person stepped into the room and sat on the bed next to me in the darkroom. I sat up and turned to the person. Elijah held a saddened look as he stared at me. "Is it true? Is he dead?" He doesn't answer. He only pulls me into a hug. I couldn't hold my tears any longer. I held onto Elijah and poured my heart out to someone who felt my pain. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for the Short Chapter, but I wanted to finish off this season. 

Thanks for reading.