Chapter 48 The Five

I stood outside of the room that held Connor

I stood outside of the room that held Connor. I rolled my eyes at my phone going off again. It's not Tyler so, I don't really care for it. It was probably Elena. I really didn't want to talk to her, but I knew that she would keep calling if I didn't pick up. I answered the call and stepped away from the door. "Hey, what's up, Elena?" I asked as I walked into the parlor.

"Where have you been?" She asked with worry in her voice. "We have been worried sick about you."

"Sorry, I have been stuck to Klaus like glue." I rolled my eyes at my own statement because it is very true. Since I got Caroline's call, he has had me in his sights 24/7. "This is like the first moment that I have had to myself without him hanging all over me." I sighed.

"Well, it's probably because he died. He doesn't want to leave you alone." She chuckled.

"Hilarious, Elena. Truly funny." I said sarcastically as I flopped on a chair. "How are you doing with everything?"

"It's been hard adjusting." She sighed. "Animal blood hasn't worked, blood bags taste horrible, so Damon is going to teach me to feed on humans."

I sat up after hearing that statement. "Damon is teaching you to feed?" I asked.

"Yes, he is the simplest person who can help me." she reasoned. "Caroline is too good at feeding. She doesn't understand the struggles of feeding without control. And I don't want to put Stefan through that. It's already hard enough for him."

"Damon and simple. Never thought I would hear those words together." I giggled. "But Damon, he is the one who went on a killing spree when he first came to Mystic Falls."

"Yeah, but he is better." She continued to reason.

"Yeah, that is like me asking Klaus to teach me to fight. It just doesn't sound right." I heard her sigh through the call. "But you do what you think is right, okay. And be careful."

"I promise. See you when I get back." She said as she hung up, forgetting to tell me where she was actually going. I stared at the phone for a moment.

"You actually want me to teach you to fight?" I jumped a bit, hearing Klaus's voice.

"No," I said as I tossed my phone away from me. "I don't really want you to. I would rather learn from Tyler." He narrowed his eyes at me, not liking that I would rather learn something from Ty than him. "Anyways, find anything out from the hunter," I said, trying to get off this subject.

"Nope, I am going to need Rebekah." He said as he left the house. Leaving me alone with the person that wants to kill all my friends. 

**********************************

I stepped into the parlor as Stefan and Klaus closed the doors that led to Connor. "Hello, Stefan. Haven't seen you around." I said as he turned to me.