Chapter 24 The last day

I woke in the morning with Damon lying next to me. I gasped out. "Why are you in here?"

"I came to get you up for the day." He turned his head to face me. "But I didn't want to go down there just yet." I rolled my eyes and then got up.

"Okay, then wait there and I will go with you." I said as I went to the bathroom to get ready.

" I said as I went to the bathroom to get ready

We made our way down to see Elena, Stefan, and Elijah talking

We made our way down to see Elena, Stefan, and Elijah talking. "If he breaks it, he will be a true hybrid." Elijah explained.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon asked as I leaned of the railing. "We can kill him today with Bonnie." I held a look of confusion.

"I thought Bonnie was dead." I said.

"She's not. She cast a spell to make it seemed like she died so Klaus would be off our tail." Elena said as I released a sigh of relief. "No, Damon, Bonnie can't use that much power without dying. It's not an option."

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked.

"Well, the ritual itself is pretty straightforward. The ingredients we all know. A witch will channel the spell from the moonstone with the power of the moon. After that, Klaus would kill both the vampire and werewolf." I explain without a second thought. They all turned and looked at me with confusion. Except Elijah. He had a small smile. "He told me yesterday." I waved off but really, I had no idea where that came from.

"Where do I fit into it?" Elena asked.

"The final part is that Klaus would have to drink your blood to the brink of death." Elijah said. Stefan grabbed onto Elena's hand.

 "And that is where you come in." She told Elijah. He then pulled out a box and opened it. he pulled out a dusty old bottle. I have seen that before.

"About 500 years ago, I required this elixir for Katarina. It possesses special properties of resuscitation." He explained as he held up the bottle.

"So, she will be dead?" I asked.

"And then she won't." he said.

"That's your plan. A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" I rolled my eyes at Damon. "You want to come back to life. What about John's ring?"