Chapter 39 All my children

It was morning, and I was just lying in bed while staring up at the ceiling. I listened to my phone go off again. The last time, I picked up that thing it was Elena asking me where I was. Like she sure even cares because she is the one who kicked me out for stupid reasons. I rolled my eyes when I felt an arm wrap around my waist as I continued to stare up at the ceiling. I already knew that I wasn't in the same room that I fell asleep in because the wall was a weird light blue color. And the room I was in the walls was painted an off-white color. I looked down at the arm and wanted to move it but I already knew that it wasn't going to move an inch. I rolled my eyes again as my phone went off again. I leaned over and picked it up. I glanced down at the person sharing the bed with me. How can he sleep through that? I answered my phone.

"I heard that your sister kicked you out last night." I heard the person ask me. It was Damon. Of course, she would tell people.

"Yep." I sighed. I felt the arm curl around my body and slightly pull me closer.

"Well, where are you? I can come to get you." He said as I heard movement in the background.

"It's fine. I spent the night in an actual bed." I stated. "Just not in the bed, I wanted to."

"Why didn't you just come over here? You know you are always welcome." He asked me.

"Damon, there was a long list of reasons why I didn't go to your house," I said as I held the bridge of my nose. "One of them being your new house guest for the night. Yeah, I had to listen to Stefan and Elena. I don't really what to listen to you and hear through the walls." I heard him chuckle through the phone. "But could you do me a big favor for me?"

"What?"

"Could you go back to my house and grab my book bag from my room?" I asked as I tried to sit up. "I have no idea if Elena changed the locks on me or just doesn't want me back. But either way, I so don't want to talk to her right now. Everything I need is in that bag so don't go through my drawers packing me things."

"What about clothes?" He asked as I sighed.

"I can borrow from Bex. If she lets me." I sort of asked through the phone.

He sighed through the phone. "Fine, I will get that for you. Anything else?"

"Thank you, Damon," I said as I hung up the phone.

"You know, sweetheart, you don't have to borrow from Rebekah. The closet is full of clothes that will fit you." I heard the person next to me speak.

"And why do you have those?" I asked as I looked at Klaus. His sleepy eyes staring at me with a smile on his face.

"Because I can." I rolled my eyes at the answer. "Besides it's normal for couples to share a closet."

"And what about us is normal?" I scoffed as I pushed him away from me and got out of bed.

"Nothing, but that is the fun of us." He said as he turned to lay on his back. "So, do you want to talk about what happened, love?"

"Nope," I said as I shut the bathroom door behind me so I could shower and get dressed.