Chapter 32 Smells like Teen Spirit

I laid in my bed watching the sunrise. I watched the dark blue turn to pink. I watched the sunrise over the horizon. I listened to my phone vibrate again and again. I didn't pick it up because I knew who it was. I don't understand why I still have the phone he gave me in Chicago. I don't understand why I am lying in bed sulking like someone who just broke up with her boyfriend. Klaus isn't my anything. He is the one who killed Jenna and Elena. I rolled over on my back and looked up at the ceiling. I signed and then pushed the covers off. I walked over to my closet and pulled out an outfit and got ready for the day.

 I walked over to my closet and pulled out an outfit and got ready for the day

I walked down the stairs as I heard the doorbell ring. I walked over to the door and opened it. a man stood there holding roses. "Dawn Gilbert?"

"Yes," I said as I leaned on the door frame.

He handed me the flowers and I took them. "They're from your husband." He said with a smile. "Well, have a good day." Then he left. I looked down at the roses and rolled my eyes. I threw them into the brushes and closed the door behind me.

***************************************

 Luckily for me, Tyler picked me up before I walked too far. "How are you doing?" Tyler asked me.

"I am great." I sighed as he pulled up to the school. "I just spent the whole summer with an indestructible bastard who wants me to recover memories of his long-dead wife that I don't want." I pulled my bag out of the back. "How do you think I am?"

"I think you are depressed." He says as he opened his door. I narrowed my eyes at him. "I only say that because of your outfit alone. You never wear those boots out of the house."

"True, Maybe I just want to be comfy," I said as I climbed out. "I am super tired today." I closed the door behind me as Tyler came around the car. "Oh, and guess what I got this morning."

"What?" He asked as we walked to school.

"Roses. A giant bouquet of roses." I rolled my eyes again. "and the massager said it was from my husband. Last time, I checked I don't have a husband."

"Maybe, he really cares for you," Tyler said as he looked to see Matt in his truck.

"If he cares so much, why didn't he ask me if I actually want to remember?" I asked as he shrugged and went over to Matt's truck. I rolled my eyes and went into the school building for a fun school day.

**********************************************

I walked out of class and went to my locker. I heard my phone ring again and rolled my eyes. I pulled it out of my bag and answered it. "What?"

"Oh, someone sounds cranky." I heard a long-missed voice.

"It's nothing if you like getting calls and texts from the oldest thing on Earth every 20 minutes." I sighed as I exchanged my books. "So how have you been, Damon?"