Chapter 41 Heart of darkness

"I can't believe you're making me come with you to Denver," I said as I laid on Damon's bed as he packed a few things

"You do know you get to see Jeremy, right?" He said as he tossed some of his clothes next to me. "Don't you miss your brother?"

"Yes, more than ever. But why are you bringing me instead of going alone with Elena?" I asked as I turned over on my stomach. "Wouldn't it be like I am crashing your date?"

"No, and plus with your new-found memory bank, you could help us narrow it down to who created our bloodline." He said as he pulled his jacket on and picked up his bag.

"You do know that I am not going to help you kill Klaus, right?" I said as I rolled off the bed.

His eyes narrowed at me. "Why not?"

"Because even if you aren't from his bloodline, my best friend, Tyler is. And I am not helping you to kill the one person that stands in-between him and death." I said as I walked past Damon.

"Dually noted." He smiled. 

**********************************************

"Yes, Tyler, I would love to see you too, but unfortunately I am not at home or in Mystic Falls at the moment," I said to Tyler as I looked around the batting cages. Since when is Jer into baseball?

"Where the hell are you then?" Tyler asked me through our phone call.

"I am visiting my brother right now." I sighed as I looked over at Elena and Damon who just stepped up to Jer's fence. "In Denver."

"Denver? Why the hell is he there?" He asked. I rolled my eyes as Elena started to talk to our brother.

"It's a very long story which I will tell you about when I get back," I said as I turned to face the road again. "Have fun with Caroline."

"Be safe, D." I could hear him chuckle as I hung up the call. I took a deep breath and turned to see Jeremy practically jogging toward me. I opened my arms as his body slammed into me. wrapping his arms tightly around my small body. I hugged him back with a wide grin.

"Be careful, jock. She is delicate." I heard Damon say as he and Elena walked up behind us. I rolled my eyes as Jeremy let go of me and turned to face them.

"Shut up, Damon. I am anything but delicate." I said as I let go of my brother and placed my hands on my hips.

"Could have fooled me," Damon smirked as Elena moved slightly closer to him. I rolled my eyes at her.

"So, not that I am happy to see my sisters, but what are you doing here?" Jeremy said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well, we need you to help us find out whose bloodline we belong to," Damon explained. "Katherine sired us, Rose sired Katherine, all we need to do now is find out who sired Rose."